1979 Cub Cadet International Purchase

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: 1979 Cub Cadet International Purchase

Post by JMotuzick »

Steve
The 54” blade for a 782 is the same type of mount as the 42”. The super blades don’t fit 782’s.

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

I forgot about that blade, thinking of the Haban I have in the shop. Although it wouldn't take much to make the Haban fit on a GT. Been working on a way to make a faster swap from blower to blade that doesn't require a lot of work.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

rjarvis1961
First and Last Name: Richard Jarvis

Post by rjarvis1961 »

Been a while... hope everyone is well! Just reaching out for some advice please on bringing my 782 out of winter hibernation. I has been dormant since early a November last year. I did use ethanol free gas in it and also treated with Stabilizer before storage. I have yet to change any oil , filters etc. and just wondering what routine prep should be done before firing her up for spring/summer mowing? I noticed a slight oil leak too, but not sure if it is just a matter of tightening up?

Also, what would anyone recommend on obtaining an owners manual and/or service manual?

Thank you!
Rich
:beer:

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Rich
Manuals are a free download from here on the site! Up top to the drop down and then downloads, in the MTD section you’ll find owners manal and a service manual s/n 737000 and up.

I would change the oil and oil filter, gas filter wouldn’t hurt, air filter as needed, at least blow it out with compressed air. Check the fluid level in the rear. A few pumps of grease here and there as well.

Where is the oil coming from? Some leaks are easy some are not... some feild research is needed!

rjarvis1961
First and Last Name: Richard Jarvis

Post by rjarvis1961 »

Thank you! Can you please tell me what manual would have diagrams showing where oil drain, oil filter , air and fuel filter etc. are located on my machine. It appears the Owners Manual does have some diagrams showing grease points, but I do not see the aforementioned. Looking for visuals and how to's so I can perform the simpler routine services.

The slight oil leek is coming from the drain plug. It may just need to be tightened up?

Thanks!
Rich
:beer:

davis2
First and Last Name: Dave Davis

Post by davis2 »

rjarvis1961 wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:36 pm
Thank you! Can you please tell me what manual would have diagrams showing where oil drain, oil filter , air and fuel filter etc. are located on my machine. It appears the Owners Manual does have some diagrams showing grease points, but I do not see the aforementioned. Looking for visuals and how to's so I can perform the simpler routine services.

The slight oil leek is coming from the drain plug. It may just need to be tightened up?

Thanks!
Rich
Your machine may have a plug that can be removed with a socket and extension. 3/8" if I remember correctly. You have to remove the mower deck if you want to do a clean job. My 782 has grease zerks on the steering spindles, and at the lower end of the steering box. Each implement will have their own as well. Your oil plug may be magnetic, so you may see metal on it when you pull it out.