Snow Blade Parts

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
nn4w
First and Last Name: Scott Spener

Snow Blade Parts

Post by nn4w »

Hi all,

I'm in the process of refurbishing a 42 inch snow blade that I've recently acquired. It's for my 105, (which runs great but is still a work in progress). I don't get a lot of snow here in north Georgia, but hey, they're fun to play with.

The blade and assembly are pretty much all there except for two pieces.

Lift Bracket:
Part Number 489622
I've found a couple of them for around $50. I'll probably order one in the next few days.

Extension Springs:
Part Number 959-3380 or 732-3037. I've found a few used or NOS, but the prices seem outrageous. Tractor Supply has a wall of springs to choose from, I'm just not sure which ones I would need. I don't have an original one to compare to. If anyone has a recommendation or can give me the length or pull weight on them, I should be able to find a substitute.

Oh, one other item. The lift rod. Can anyone tell me the length for that?. That's a part I can make.

Thanks,

Scott

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: Snow Blade Parts

Post by JMotuzick »

Scott
I have all the parts you need, I’m guessing the first one is the bracket on the Plow that the lift rod hooks to?
Send me a email I’ll do good on the spring and bracket.
As for the lift rod, I think it’s about 31” I make new ones from a good used factory rod as a sample. I’ll see if I can get you a measurement tonight after work...

nn4w

Post by nn4w »

Thanks Joe,

The bracket I mentioned was the one on the other end of the lift rod, the one that attaches to the manual lift lever with a U-Bolt. I've gotten a response for that so I'm covered there. I already have the one on the blade end.

If you have the springs, I'd be interested in those.

Scott

nn4w

Post by nn4w »

Oh, thanks for that measurement on the rod!

Scott

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Out side to outside I have 32 3/8”

PM or Email me

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

One size fits all adjustable is the only way to go.
DSCN8843.JPG
DSCN8843.JPG (728.14 KiB) Viewed 2593 times
It is nothing mere than a length of 1/2" black pipe with bungs welded in place.
The bug advantage with this it's possible to push DOWN on your blade without the rod bowing out.I have plenty of those.
If you want to get real fancy a right and left hand thread can be cut so it's not necessary to disconnect the rod while making the adjustment.

Also if I'm not mistaken Extreme Motor Works is reproducing that bracket. You may well save yourself a goodly chunk of change.