IH 3340 push mower

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

IH 3340 push mower

Post by ksanders »

Kind of off topic but I have one of these without the white top cover. Does anyone have one of these they can get good dimensions from? I work at a thermoform shop and can 3D model a mold and run some. Or even if someone had one they could send and I pay shipping both ways maybe? Then I could get the dimensions, radii, and cnc trim dimensions just like original.

Also would there be any interest in these? If I run one, I can run 10 or more. Or are there just none of these left? No clue on price but much of our cost is design and tooling which I'd just do so probably wouldn't be too much.

Theoretically I could do some of the other models too but not looking to make a side business either.
Attachments
IH 3340 push mower.jpg
IH 3340 push mower.jpg (8.76 KiB) Viewed 2846 times
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: IH 3340 push mower

Post by dag1450 »

Sounds like a great project. I thought lawnboy made some of those? I'm guessing there's no cross pollination on that model with a parent company? I loved lawnboys. The sound...the smell....the color. As a kid and young adult they were my favorite. Oh...the bags on the side. Sweet. Then honda had to come out....my new bride found out they start on first pull. Lawnboys were done at that point for me. Lol
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

Guess I can't complain with my wife. I had a new one and we saw an old self propelled lawn boy with bag on the side of the road on the way home from work once. I got it running and it was "her" mower ever since. She loves it and we sold the new one. She goes through a few gallons of 2 cycle gas yearly.
I doubt the 3340 is a lawn boy. I have the IH lawnboy and actual lawn boy. This is more of a generic push mower with 3hp Briggs but has the IH cover and ball bearing wheels. It certainly rolls smoothly.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

After lawn boy IH signed with toro to make push mowers and IH taged 2 stroke snow throwers. From the small iPhone picture it looks like a toro painted white to me!
As for a cover or parts, I can’t help!

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

Neat to know. That was an Internet picture. I didn't know it had a cover until I saw that. This is mine with a nicer than iphone photo for better reference. Bought off craigslist two miles from home and got running and use just to use. I've been contemplating making a cover a while and might as well get it the same as original if I do.
Attachments
IMG_20200422_185227.jpg
IMG_20200422_185227.jpg (4.46 MiB) Viewed 2790 times

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

:lol: looks like you need handlebars more than a cover. Or... better yet...covers for the handlebars. Lol
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.