Seat on a 147

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

Seat on a 147

Post by chzuck »

The seat covering is getting to look pretty bad on my Cub 147. Anyone install a new cover on one? If so where did you buy the cover?
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Seat on a 147

Post by dag1450 »

I haven't seen oem or nice aftermarket covers in a while. I found a factory cover with the foam for the higher back seat. I installed that maybe 5 years ago. It wasn't too bad but needed two people. Setting in the hot sun for an hour was key. It seems to me that narrow frame seat is kinda rare. I never see that style around. Might be easiest to change to three pad quiet line or even a high back. Keep us posted what you find.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Charlie, I needed a seat for another project and had a decent pan and some covers I bought at a swap meet many years ago. I had never put one of those covers on so I called a friend that does upholstery and she said to use a heat gun. I was a little nervous but I did and it worked great! You just need to be patient and let it come to you. Of course as my luck goes just a few weeks after I put that cover on I dropped a piece of wood near that seat and it went point first into my minty new cover :evil:

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Unbelievable...who in their right mind would carry a piece of wood right near a minty fresh seat! Sorry to say..I don't think that's bad luck mike. :oops: I will be sure to put away the good tupperware dishes when you come over.
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Hey pal when you get curly maple and nice pieces of pear you don’t squander them. I just happen to be moving one and it decided to spear my minty fresh pan cover.

davis2
First and Last Name: Dave Davis

Post by davis2 »

BigMike wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 8:34 pm
Hey pal when you get curly maple and nice pieces of pear you don’t squander them. I just happen to be moving one and it decided to spear my minty fresh pan cover.
Yeah, it sucks when wood jumps... I've seen trees and telephone poles jump in front of cars,it ain't pretty!!