'68 International Harvester Cadet 60 Cornbinder Corvette Go-Cart

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
hondo68
First and Last Name: Howard Smith

'68 International Harvester Cadet 60 Cornbinder Corvette Go-Cart

Post by hondo68 »

Sleek fiberglass body like a '68 Corvette, ain't it?
Sleek fiberglass body like a '68 Corvette, ain't it?
IMG_1385.JPG (2.96 MiB) Viewed 1633 times
Just got a '68 IH Cadet 60 with a 32" twin blade mower deck. Broke the chain and it gets all 4 gears while turning the trans output sprocket with Channel Locks. The 6 HP Tecumseh turns over freely using the electric starter. throws good spark, and has good compression. The rust dust & crust in the float bowl was amazing, never seen anything quite like it. Was able to get the brass bowl nut &high speed screw out and the high speed adjustment screw to move with the application of penetrating oil & heat. So far I haven't broken anything. Not even gonna try to get the float pivot pin out. The needle droped out, and some of that rust must have once been the clip that holds it to the float adjustment tab.

She wants to run, everything's looking good except I need to clean the carb & tank. I ordered up a carb kit for it. The only things missing are the ignition switch, battery & combo throttle/choke lever plate, the governor linkage rods. and the spring that goes on the gov lever. Easy enough to make up that throttle/choke lever and some rods out of coat hanger wire & find a spring. It's in pretty good shape for something that was recently dug out of the weeds.
Attachments
Right pedal forward, Left pedal reverse
Right pedal forward, Left pedal reverse
IMG_1386.JPG (3.09 MiB) Viewed 1633 times
6 HP Tecumseh with pressure fed oil system & electric start
6 HP Tecumseh with pressure fed oil system & electric start
IMG_1384.JPG (3.17 MiB) Viewed 1633 times

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Re: '68 International Harvester Cadet 60 Cornbinder Corvette Go-Cart

Post by Tom Scott »

Howard, Welcome to the forum! These seem kind of like mopeds, fun until your friends catch you on one! Lol :D

Keep posting pics as you go, it's always good to see something brought back to life.
:beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

hondo68
First and Last Name: Howard Smith

Re: '68 International Harvester Cadet 60 Cornbinder Corvette Go-Cart

Post by hondo68 »

Tom Scott wrote:
Thu May 27, 2021 8:53 am
Howard, Welcome to the forum! These seem kind of like mopeds, fun until your friends catch you on one! Lol :D

Keep posting pics as you go, it's always good to see something brought back to life.
:beer:
Well, it's got 4 speeds forward & 4 reverse. That's something different. Plus the 6 HP Tecumseh has a pressurized oiling system & electric start..

I'm glad that that guy ran out of red spray paint before he finished the whole thing! I'm going to try and get the red off with scotchbrite & paint thinner.