LTX 1050 pto clutch bolt wont turn

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
LeraeOliver
First and Last Name: Cristina Oliver

LTX 1050 pto clutch bolt wont turn

Post by LeraeOliver »

I need to replace the PTO clutch on my LTX 1050. I have an impact driver with a wrench attachment for the bolt. When I use it the bolt will not turn. I've tried both ways in case its a reverse bolt. I even sprayed it with penetration lube and it won't budge. Am I missing some kind of trick or is it possible my impact driver doesnt have enough power? This is an older model riding mower and idk if the clutch has ever been replaced. I don't wanna go to ham on it and risk snapping the bolt or worse.

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: LTX 1050 pto clutch bolt wont turn

Post by JMotuzick »

Welcome !
I’m not that familiar with the new Home Depot models(new to most here is newer then 2000).

Generally it would be a right hand thread bolt, often times the factory uses a dab of lock tight to keep it from moving.

LeraeOliver
First and Last Name: Cristina Oliver

Re: LTX 1050 pto clutch bolt wont turn

Post by LeraeOliver »

Thanks for the info!