Snow blade

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
DaveKamp
First and Last Name: Dave Kamp

Re: Snow blade

Post by DaveKamp »

As usual, I'm late to the party!

Any implement, or ANY attachment, can be used with ANY tractor...

Provided you have a measuring stick, 4" grinder, a cut-off disc, a cutting torch, access to some old T-fence posts, and a 110v gasless MIG welder... :lol:

If you want them to fit WELL, it's better to have a few other tools and some better materials...

Power angle... you can do it with hydraulics, or you can do it with electricity. There MIGHT be a for-purpose 'kit', but if not, there's always creative options.

As others noted, you can use the hydraulic lift (technically, it's the hydrostat's Charge Pump) to operate a low-volume, low pressure hydraulic device, so long as the total displacement of the device doesn't reduce the reservoir (inside the transaxle housing) by a significant level.

The USUAL go-to for guys 'brewing their own power-angle, is either a Cub Cadet hydraulic lift cylinder (from any wide-frame, quietline, or SGT series), or a power-steering cylinder from one of the later supers. This works, and offers a factoryish look, but they can get kinda pricey. Likewise, for the control cylinder, guys frequently scavenge the small hydraulic valves from supers to make a second hydraulic circuit.

The OTHER hydraulic way to do it, is to find any OTHER small hydraulic cylinder, and either a common small-volume valve, OR put a selector valve in the lift circuit, to just flip between lift and angle.

The electric way, is either to find some common electric actuator, or to make your own. If you have access to a suitable array of shop tools, you can make whatever suits...
Yes, I'm a Mad Scientist... but I'm usually happy, even when things ain't goin right.