New Owners

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

New Owners

Post by chzuck »

I suppose most know that Cub is now owned by Stanley. I wonder if they will keep supplying parts for our old machines? I think we have been fortunate to have had parts support for as long as we have.
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: New Owners

Post by ksanders »

I'm not too worried short term. As with anything if there's sufficient market to make money they'll make it. Regardless who owns the name, most parts are manufactured third party anyway. That and Kohler and Cub Cadet both have a plentiful supply of aftermarket and custom parts. Plus so many parts tractors out there. I'm not too concerned personally.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

DaveKamp
First and Last Name: Dave Kamp

Post by DaveKamp »

I'm thinking that most of the parts on MY CUBs could be replaced with other types of other parts, or made in my shop...

...because I've already Frankenstiened them enough, right? :lol:
Yes, I'm a Mad Scientist... but I'm usually happy, even when things ain't goin right.

chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

Post by chzuck »

I would tend to agree. Lots of talented people own these machines. Several, even now, are making parts for these great little tractors. It will be interesting in the long haul to see what happens.
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

Many smaller parts cannot be replicated. Plastic injection molded parts are one example.
To the best of my understanding I got the very last 1x6,7 manual lift handle hand grip some years ago.
But like many of us I have most all the spare stuff on hand that I'll ever need :lol:

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Yep... one day few years ago I was scanning ebay. I see the diesel dash gauge bezel brand new. For the steel hood diesels. Yes I bought all 12 that he had. Lol. As far as I know...I might be the only person with a few new one left. Sorry folks...not for sale.....yet.lol
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

There's always going to be those custom to certain model parts that'll be no longer available but I think of it this way. There were many parts not available at all years ago (ie an 800 starter, 1100 carburetor, etc) well before Stanley owned them. They are 50 years old and we have more parts available than most other brand collectors. Heck, there's many parts on my 86 ranger I'm redoing that just can't be had and Ford still owns them and they made a blue million Rangers. And even better there's brand new atv's, cars, trucks, whatever that people can't even get parts for or sell to their first owner because of computer chips. Anything used will have NLA parts as will 10 year old stuff. I feel pretty good about it in the future and doubt parts that keep them from running and driving will disappear.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!