Finally on display

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Cyclops1862
First and Last Name: Jay Fetters

Finally on display

Post by Cyclops1862 »

I purchased this little pusher this past November from a guy in Indiana. It still has the original bag with no holes and the logo still very visible. And... she runs amazingly well!
20220505_181211.jpg
20220505_181211.jpg (3.24 MiB) Viewed 1612 times

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Finally on display

Post by dag1450 »

That's cool. I keep a look out for one of those as well. I grew up with lawn boys. Are those push mowers made by lawn boy? For some reason I thought they were. Looks great up there!
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Cyclops1862
First and Last Name: Jay Fetters

Post by Cyclops1862 »

Yup, it's a lawn boy, with a better looking hood and paint! I would love to find a self propelled lawn boy, but that seems to be kinda hard to find. I'm not sure if cub ever rebranded one one that was self propelled or not? Info on these is hard to come by as well. It's a ton harder than the garden tractors anyways.

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

The self propelled were nice. As a kid we had several and one was maybe called a "deluxe" with the self propelled. They were good machines, and while I loved the fact it was a two stroke engine that was ultimately it's ending for me. Like I said...dad had a couple of them growing up. So when I got married and had a small plot of land I took the lawn boy that sitting in the corner not running anymore. Got it running ok and over the next few years trash picked several more. Constantly working on it and keeping it or them running. Oh and the muffled exhaust from under the deck is so sweet. But the one thing that was always tough was the starting. If you didn't set the choke just right, prime it 4.5 times, ( no more or less), and have the high idle set at a quarter it was not gonna start! My wife pointed it out first that the neighbors pull their lawnmower one time and it's running. Meanwhile we have to go out when the moon is full and pull it 20 times. To save my marriage we got a Craftsman with a Honda engine and are living happily ever after. 8-)
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

indy61
First and Last Name: Bill

Post by indy61 »

IH had several rebranded self propelled lawn boy models. You can find parts diagrams for all models at the Cub Cadet parts lookup site.

https://www.cubcadet.com/en_US/content- ... tream.html#

Untitled2.jpg
Untitled2.jpg (129.4 KiB) Viewed 1575 times