NLA part

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

NLA part

Post by Klapatta »

Does anyone have a source for this? Not the best design ever, the retaining ear tends to break off over time or the clip may just fall off no matter how firmly I think I have it installed.
DSCN0512.JPG
DSCN0512.JPG (1.37 MiB) Viewed 1770 times
Used to able to get them but that's no longer the case so it may seem.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Re: NLA part

Post by Tom Scott »

Ken - Google the number without the "KH" prefix, just Google "Kohler 235603" and there seems to be more than a few left on the market to purchase, even including Amazon. Seems there is a later version with an "S" suffix as well. (The KH prefix is applied by Cub to show who the manufacturer is since it is not an in-house part.)
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

Klapatta

Post by Klapatta »

Thank you Tom. That's good thinking.
Prices are all over the place on that clip but they are still out there.
The little tang at the right end is prone to break off from what I've seen.
51aOl3dF1iL._AC_SL1200_.jpg
51aOl3dF1iL._AC_SL1200_.jpg (47.32 KiB) Viewed 1755 times

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Ken
I did not spend long, but I believe that it’s just NLA from cub, they appear to be available from the main Kohler distributors on line. Now they all might be working of old stock, or I may be completely off base!

Klapatta

Post by Klapatta »

Joe, I really have my doubts that 60 year old Prog die has been run any time in the last twenty years.
Guys that built and serviced tooling like that are retiring by the thousands every single day. Soon no one will have a clue.

You snooze you loose. Tom, I saw your post last night at work while on my dinner break. One guy on Amazon had four of them left for five bucks each.
Fair enough, I'll buy them all when I get home. Four hours later I'm home, time to place that order. At that two for one price poof, their gone. One guy is asking 18 bucks for that little thing.
Someone else must have been reading this thread :roll: that's all I can think of-

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Ken,
It's likely I have one at home, if I do it yours.......as long as you agree to be mean to Dag :lol:
Seriously, let me look.

Klapatta

Post by Klapatta »

Thank you Mike. But it's all right. Like Tom mentioned they can still be had. I just had to pony up some more for them that's all- I ordered three.
Just hang onto the one you have, it just may come in handy one day