Cab

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
Cubhusband
First and Last Name: Tim Gotta

Cab

Post by Cubhusband »

Anyone know if I can get a cab enclosure for my 1864?

DaveKamp
First and Last Name: Dave Kamp

Re: Cab

Post by DaveKamp »

Hi Tim!

Ah, what a great time-of-year subject... when the wind comes in fast from Nebraska and the Dakotas for a balmy -34F wind chill...

Dunno about your specific model, but there's a long procession of various cab manufacturers over time... Curtis being the type that I mounted on my Dad's Kubota... and it's a comfortable, heated, hard-shell cab that (in a few days) I'll be installing a backup camera for Dad. It is very comfortable, but it's pretty obvious that the weight of the cab has a significant impact on the Kubota's center-of-gravity.

If you look around, you'll probably find that there's cabs on OTHER machines that are SIMILAR, all that'll be necessary is some fabrication/fitment to get them secured onto, and some sealing around, to weather-tighten them.

A space-frame of canvas, topped by a tough plastic top (like UHMW sheet) would do a really nice job, and the biggest weight savings would be to incorporate some thinnish Lexan into the front and back ends, with a couple also affixed to the sides...
Yes, I'm a Mad Scientist... but I'm usually happy, even when things ain't goin right.