Resizing pictures.

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
jarhead
First and Last Name: Mike Stoneroad

Resizing pictures.

Post by jarhead »

Could someone please explain to me how to downsize my pictures so they will post on this site? This is the only site that I have problems with pictures. Thanks in advance.

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Re: Resizing pictures.

Post by SWilliams »

What OS are you using and what if any photo programs do youhave?
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

Willy
First and Last Name: Ray Williams

Post by Willy »

Mike,
If you're running windows xp I would head over to this link http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... ySetup.exe and download Microsoft's image resizer. It works really well and is easy to use.

-Ray

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Post by ReicheP »

Reset your camera to the smallest image size and you'll won't have trouble posting photos.
Last edited by ReicheP on Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

I wrote this about posting pictures(post by Geezer) and it may ]help you post pictures on this site

Paul Van Benschoten
First and Last Name: Paul Van Benschoten

Post by Paul Van Benschoten »

ReicheP wrote:Reset your camera to the smallest image size and you'll won't have trouble posting photos.
That is probably true, but if you ever intend to print one of your pictures, you will be better off with the higher resolution. Having said that, I have taken thousands of pictures since I first got a digital camera and I printed less than 50.

--
Paul

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

Paul Van Benschoten wrote:
ReicheP wrote:Reset your camera to the smallest image size and you'll won't have trouble posting photos.
That is probably true, but if you ever intend to print one of your pictures, you will be better off with the higher resolution. Having said that, I have taken thousands of pictures since I first got a digital camera and I printed less than 50.

--
Paul
I agree with that too. When I got my first digital that was how I did it. But if you ever want to submit them to a magazine or something, they need to be high resolution to look good. If you take high res pics you can always reduce them, but you can't go the other way. It's a little different for me since I put a lot of photos in Red Power, but you never know when you might take a cool pic that would look good framed and hanging on the wall.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

I use "VSO" resizing program. THere is a free side and a purchased side. I use the free one.
All I have to do is Right Click on the picture and a screen pops up that lets me pick VSO RESIZER...and follow through. I use 640x480....for most postings.

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

Here is an example...
Attachments
DSCN3920 [640x480].JPG
DSCN3921 [640x480].JPG
DSCN3922 [640x480].JPG