Another cub - serial 7881

Here is where we can talk about all things Cub and then some. Please follow the golden rule and respect others.
This is a free forum and all pictures posted here are for public consumption. They are free to be used as long as you are not using them in a for-profit manner. Also, any pictures subject to copyright or permissions will be removed.
rlowe
First and Last Name: Ralph Lowe

Another cub - serial 7881

Post by rlowe »

Picked up this Original over the weekend. It came with a mowing deck, plow and the original engine. It has a replacement 8HP Magnum installed. It needs some cleanup but is solid otherwise. The PO said it was restored about 10 years ago and the new engine was installed about 4 years ago. After getting it home and cleaning out the gas tank and carburetor it started right up... I tore down the 7HP engine and besides the carb being gummed up and the expected deposits on the valves, it looks fine... There is no scoring in the cylinder and both the crank and cam looks fine... I'll see what happens after I put it back together. The PO couldn't remember why he installed the replacement engine.
CCO serial 7881.jpg
CCO serial 7881.jpg (16.23 KiB) Viewed 1963 times
Thanks...
Ralph
http://rlowe3.com

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Re: Another cub - serial 7881

Post by ksanders »

Nice find. That's a real nice early Original that can be brought back to it's original state pretty easy. Can't understand not remembering why you changed a motor, but why not put the oil bath and stuff on that Magnum and run with it. They're a nice upgrade from the points and coil in my opinion and not that unoriginal looking.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

rlowe
First and Last Name: Ralph Lowe

Re: Another cub - serial 7881

Post by rlowe »

ksanders wrote:Nice find. That's a real nice early Original that can be brought back to it's original state pretty easy. Can't understand not remembering why you changed a motor, but why not put the oil bath and stuff on that Magnum and run with it. They're a nice upgrade from the points and coil in my opinion and not that unoriginal looking.
Thanks alot Kevin... I may just do that... I'll still put the original motor back together and get it running... If nothing else to have it as a spare.
Thanks...
Ralph
http://rlowe3.com