Drivers training

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
LFR
First and Last Name: Lorin Burch

Drivers training

Post by LFR »

Well I signed up tonight for drivers training. I will be taking it July 7 -24 mon -thur 8-10 am so I will keep busy. Any tips boys I have to get 6 hrs of driving in also. I think it will be fun
67 Case 155, 66 Colt 2310, 68 John Deere 110w/ haban sickle bar mower, 59 simplicity 700 wonderboy, 62 allis Chalmers b1, Fairbanksmorse 3 wheel, 1944 McCormick peering O4, H, 1948 Farmall Cub, C.

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Re: Drivers training

Post by vince_o »

Ive been driving comercialy since I was 18, started driving when I was 15, never got leagle till I was 17.

DONT DRINK AND DRIVE
keep a good distance between you and the person in front of you
now a days, let the phone ring, we have called I D so you can see who called when you get there
always use turn signale, as they are an option in the south
GVW always wins
objects in motion tend to stay in motion, remember this when you start hauling cubs, tie them for that sudden stop!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

LFR

Post by LFR »

Is keeping your distance from each other called tailgating
67 Case 155, 66 Colt 2310, 68 John Deere 110w/ haban sickle bar mower, 59 simplicity 700 wonderboy, 62 allis Chalmers b1, Fairbanksmorse 3 wheel, 1944 McCormick peering O4, H, 1948 Farmall Cub, C.

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Lorin, the biggest thing you can do in learning to drive is patience and respect for what you are doing and the carnage possible if you don't have them.
My classroom instructor said the first day, This is driver education, I can TRAIN a monkey to drive :D

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Mike , sounds like your instructor was calling you all a bunch of Monkeys ..... :lol:

Speaking of monkeys .... My work has installed a new computer program on all there newer engines called Trip Optimizer , which basically is similar to cruise control on a car .
I don't like it as it adds time to your trip , and doesn't maintain track speed in a lot of places , and it lets the train coast a lot to save fuel .

Now the FRA is making the railroads install another computer program called Positive Train Control , which will stop a train if the computer feels your not in control when coming into a Stop signal .

Basically its getting to the point where all I'm going to be doing is blow the horn for road crossings .

I told my road foreman the other day , that they need to install a peanut dispenser on the engineers console .

You blew for the road crossing .....Good Monkey , heres your peanut ..... :x
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Not really, driving too close for conditions.

Jess I remember when they first put recorders in the druck I was driving, man that was bad. We ran them for 90 days and had the shop guys pull the data. Looking for over speeding engs, hard brakes, and road speed. I got my truck new with about 2500 miles on it. Recorder was instaled by the body mfg in wisconsin. So long story short my governed truck said my top speed was 93 mph and over sped the eng twice to 3200 and 3250.

I sat back with the shop mgr, at that time they were over the trucks, and said how in the wold did I do that? He didnt know but I was on my way out when they pulled the next 2 truck in line, and they read the same thing. Seems someone forgot to clear the intal set up readings. So if you can "train" a monkey to drive, you can "train" them to turn a wrench too!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

LFR

Post by LFR »

Haha :lol: I bet some monkeys can drive better than some of the loonies today on the road. They wait when there is a car a 1/2 mile away on both sides, it's like DRIVE YOU! Slow thing and then they don't accelerate at all, :x

littlehoss
First and Last Name: Richard Hughes

Post by littlehoss »

you need a good head on your shoulders.
you always to THINK!!!
always know what you are going to do,because you will NEVER know what the other driver is going to do.
always remember,the laws are only written laws,a driver does not have to stop for the stop sign at the 4way.
Listen to your parents,u might not think there right,or fair,but they will always have your best interest in mind.
never forget,everyone started out just like you are,the only difference was how there handled the chances they were given.
good luck

tompepper
First and Last Name: Denny Engle (tompepper)

Post by tompepper »

Vince,Y'all aient never been legal.
If you're gonna be dumb.you'd better be tough!!!!

LFR

Post by LFR »

So I have 2 drives in and the 24 I can go to the SOS and get my permit

TractorDan
First and Last Name: Dan Cocsorso

Post by TractorDan »

One of the most useful things that was taught to me upon learning how to drive: Always leave yourself an exit plan. In traffic many of us watch the car in front, but forget about the vehicles behind and to the sides. Now think of the all the objects you are passing, that don't move. So the exit plan is simple, "which direction would you steer should a surrounding vehicle turn into you?"
Constantly revise your exit plan as your driving and as cars move around you, and be able to turn the vehilce away from doing more damage to yet another vehicle. Driving is not a game of bumper cars, don't to more harm to another family driving to Grandma's house. Just my advice.
383 w/deck & snowplow
2072 w/loader
2082 w/deck & plow & blower
1772 w/deck
128 w/deck
1949 Cub w/deck, plow, & snowplow
M-48 Tank w/deck & Snowplow
Mowett Mustang 5hp
71 w/deck