Anyone ever split the hydraulics?

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Anyone ever split the hydraulics?

Post by SWilliams »

So I'm in the process of making steel lines for the super, I have three valves on the dash already. I am keeping the mid lift as built. I'm working on stuffing another cylinder in the tail to run the rear three point as an independent part, the third valve at the moment goes the the front ports. I was looking at that and thought that in the entire time I've had that kit installed on the other tractor I've used it a few times but never turned it off or had it leak. So is there a reason I couldn't T off of those lines and run a set to the back? I know I wouldn't be able to use both at the same time for implements but it might be handy if I could have ports at the rear for something like a box blade ripper or whatever else.
Owner of an 1863, 1864, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Re: Anyone ever split the hydraulics?

Post by Dave C »

I have done that before.... i did it on my 149D ports front and back... both controlled from a single valve. no biggie so long u only have one plugged in at a time.

Alternatly if you couldnt fit another valve there is a piston selector valve u can get that would switch control from one to the other. of course that adds a great deal of hydraulic lines to an already complex setup!
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Re: Anyone ever split the hydraulics?

Post by SWilliams »

Thanks Dave, I figured I could add a selector but it's already looking like a web in there, three valves, two cylinders, power steering and probably a rear set of ports. Of course all that didn't stop me from mocking up a spare pump that could run off the stub shaft that would run the pto, just to see if it would be something that could run a loader or small hoe By the time I'm done I'll need to figure out a way to stretch the rear cover to hold more hytran LOL :lol:
Owner of an 1863, 1864, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."