70 mach 1 project

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
ERIC-SMITH
First and Last Name: eric smith

70 mach 1 project

Post by ERIC-SMITH »

hey eveyone its nice to be back on since the crash its my first posting i have been real busy with work and at home but i wanted to post an update of my newest project its a 70 mach 1... just a 351 with a four speed not a 428 but it should run good enough, the origial owner started the redo back in the early 80s at that time it had ford quarters and door skins put on, also the fenders were bought at time so all the sheet metal is oe ford, i got the car in pieces no interior or wiring, everything is painted it just needs the complete interior kit and wired up hopefully it will be done at the end of next month
mustang 008.jpg
mustang 009.jpg
mustang 011.jpg
mustang 005.jpg
mustang 019.jpg

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Re: 70 mach 1 project

Post by bbaker »

way cool!!! That 351 can be made a 427 for not too much money and time. I just took a 302 to 342, would have been 347 if I had the block bored, but my block was in good shape so I left the bore stock. A stroked 351 can make some killer power and you can always do that down the road. Nice project, I have always liked the 70 mustang.
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Re: 70 mach 1 project

Post by Scott C. »

Three different friends of mine had Mach 1's and they were all super sweet.
We made fun of the one guy (once) when he showed us his new Mach 1 with an automatic. Hah! An auto was for sissies. While we were in it doing 40mph, he punched it and lit up both M50's with traction bars (serious smoke and speed), set us back in the seat a bit. After that, we kept our mouths shut.
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.