Old Cubs Big Time

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
dmcdowell
First and Last Name: Dan McDowell

Old Cubs Big Time

Post by dmcdowell »

I started a Job on a local private golf course this week (Monday) that I will be on for most or all of March. We are refreshing 56 sand traps and rebuilding three bunkers. Also we built three short rock retaining walls around some tees and greens already and have a handful of cart paths to repair. I told them I don't own Cushmens or Gators so they can't give me a hard time if I show up with a fistful of old Tractors to fill the role. So far the owners have been amazed and I have been to thoughtless to have my digital going. Anyhow I am going to have it in the truck and start a shoot of the job and of the cubs doing what they do best. I will try and post every few days since there will be a lot of cub work. Its fun to since some of the hills are Billygoat country. I think it would be Scott Cross and the Mayor who would be proud of me today when I got the Wheel Horse accidentally going about 25 down a hill. I didn't have the trees, just an Osprey Nest stantion and a swamp. Unfortunately the 147 went out today with a bearing problem in the S/G so the 107 had to drag carts of golf mix up the hill. I had the WH Raider 12 hooked to my 4x8 trailer draging about half a yard up the hill and realized why many of you tractor experts have front wheel weights. I didn't flip but you could slide paper under the front tires most of the way up the hill. I just had to side my body weight across the front of the hood since I was to far up the hill and fully commited with know way of safely changeing my mind. Anyhow I will start takeing some snap shots tomorow.