I found him

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

I found him

Post by Scott C. »

Randy Taylor called me this morning and I was able to meet up with him before my morning meeting.
He's been a busy boy. Not altogether there but busy.
As a matter of fact, looking at his latest project, he even admits he might have a few screws loose.
A few screws loose! Hah, he's got that and busted welds too :roll:
CIMG2375.JPG
Randys got himself a finished duce and a half, kinda. Removed the rear axle, cut the frame, jacked the whole thing up, threw some 54 or 55" rubber under it (can't remember which but what's an inch when you can crawl on all fours under it)
If any of you have been watching Extreme 4X4 you might have seen a similar truck they built. As a matter of fact Ian from the show and Randy have talked and he asked Randy if he was crazy, or something along those lines.....
Not that it's big or anything but I kept backing up to get the picture and ended up standing in the middle of the street.

Maybe Randy will finally sign up here and tell us a little more about it.
Oh yeah, it's street legal in WV.
CIMG2367.JPG
CIMG2368.JPG
CIMG2369.JPG
CIMG2372.JPG
CIMG2373.JPG
[/font]
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Re: I found him

Post by Farmallgray »

That is pretty cool. I have been watching the build on Extreme.

Isn't just about anything street legal in WV? :lol:
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

Wow!! That's a neat truck! And in WVA, if it runs, it's legal! lol After hanging out with the Mayor down there, I've seen some interesting stuff! Actually, I'm not even sure it has to run!

Amigatec
First and Last Name: Pat Benner

Post by Amigatec »

Looks like an old M35A2 with a M105 1 1/2 ton trailer bed on it. Does it still have the muiltifuel Engine?? Also form the looks of the stack I don't think it has the turbo either. The Turbo Duces I remember had bigger stacks.
CC 1973 Model 129
CC 1973 Model 149
TB 1978 Pony II
TB 1981 Horse II
TB 1988 Econo Horse
1950 David Bradley 917.5756

Oklahoma Giant Pumpkin Grower and State Record Holder.

cbingaman
First and Last Name: Chad Bingaman

Post by cbingaman »

That thing is SWEET!!!!!! Looks like a Unimog, only a LOT BETTER.
Cub's of the farm currently: 4-Originals, 2-70's, 100, 122, 123, 124, 73, 106, 107, 126, 800, 782IH built, 982IHbuilt, 782D, 1572. Farmall Cub and Cub Lo-Boy and too many attatchments to think about.

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

So I guess that's the new Cub-hauler? :lol:
Either way, nice project. Take that fuel economy!!!
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

tompepper
First and Last Name: Denny Engle (tompepper)

Post by tompepper »

All that work just to get up to Possum lodge.Next Geezer will want 1.
If you're gonna be dumb.you'd better be tough!!!!

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Post by Scott C. »

Pat,
Yes, it will burn just about anything. I thought I heard a whistle when I pulled up but I'm not sure if it's got a turbo.

Denny,
I'm not sure that thing would make it up to the lodge, maybe if you fold the mirrors in, pull the roof and stack and flip the windshield down. It might make it.
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

Amigatec
First and Last Name: Pat Benner

Post by Amigatec »

Scott C. wrote:Pat,
Yes, it will burn just about anything. I thought I heard a whistle when I pulled up but I'm not sure if it's got a turbo.

Denny,
I'm not sure that thing would make it up to the lodge, maybe if you fold the mirrors in, pull the roof and stack and flip the windshield down. It might make it.
If it's got a turbo you WILL here it. The best speed I ever got out of a Turbo Duce was about 70. But it have to hang on to it. You could even burn used motor oil in the engine, gasoline, kerosene, just about anything, althou I wouldn't use to much motor oil or gasoline in it.

The way these motor work is, there a 'Fuel Density Compensator' in the Injector Pump that adjust the fuel according to the thickness of the fuel. I drove quite a few of these. They have an Overdrive 5 speed and a 2 speed transfer case. One thing to always remember is when shifting from reverse ALWAYS shift into low gear and pull forward just to make sure the sprag in the transfer case releases.
CC 1973 Model 129
CC 1973 Model 149
TB 1978 Pony II
TB 1981 Horse II
TB 1988 Econo Horse
1950 David Bradley 917.5756

Oklahoma Giant Pumpkin Grower and State Record Holder.