friend finished '72 Husky 450 dirtbike('72 Honda SL175 pics

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

friend finished '72 Husky 450 dirtbike('72 Honda SL175 pics

Post by Jeff in Pa »

My friend Dave just finished a complete restoration on a '72 Huskqvarna 450 ( just like Malcolm Smith rode in the movie "On Any Sunday" )

He had one when he was 18 just finished this one this weekend. He also has another '72 450 that not too far behind this one.

The pictures don't show how nice the bike really is. He tracked down original and NOS parts from all over. He even found another Malcolm Smith tool kit bag ( behind the seat ) just like his original bike had. :cool:

Here's Dave's '72 Honda SL175 ( with his OTHER '72 Husky 450 in the backround )

When dave sent me these pics, he added this
Here are a couple of shots of my ’72 Honda SL175 I recently came across. It’s painted the wrong color and missing the white stripe on the tank but you can still get the idea. I’ve been basically just accumulating parts so far for this one. This one should be an easy restoration compared to the others I’ve done since I’ve already found most of what it needs. I had one of these when I was 16 and took my driver’s test on it. Most of the time though, I was in the dirt running on our flat track which we had made in a field. The engine worked great in that situation. I was able to beat many bikes of the day that would have normally whipped my butt but not on a smooth wide flat track where you could just crank it on and slide! The sound was great too between just the right amount of an exhaust leak and its 10,500 red line! It moved along good for a bike of its size. You could rest assured though if you fell on the left side the shifter shaft would snap off! Lol! Dave

He's also looking for his his first minibike just like this one
ImageImage
ImageImage
Here are a couple of pictures of the Broncco TX-1 Deluxe I’m looking for. It was built around 1969 and was powered by a 3.8 hp. Tecumseh (Aspera) which is an Italian Tecumseh from what I understand. I’m looking for one anywhere from reasonably complete with or without an engine to a completely restored one. You’ll notice how it has mechanical disc brakes front and rear which I think is neat.
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift