IH Cub Cadet 800 going west ( Iowa )

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
MattS
First and Last Name: Matthew Spinazzola

Re: IH Cub Cadet 800 going west ( Iowa )

Post by MattS »

If any body is interested I copied this from craigslist.

"RESTORED CUB CADET#800 GOOD SHAPE READY FOR WORK OR SHOW LEAST PRODUCED CUB EVER MADE NO PICTURES COME TAKE A LOOK CALL 443-945-0106"

It is listed in Delaware, but is located in Elkton, Maryland. It was posted on Sept 18. I thought about callin, but I owned my first and last QL over this summer.

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Ive owned a few 126's, not as many as the round guy though.
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

if you wondered who Dennis is its Dennis M from red power who lives about 60 miles north of Jerry mez Jerry is going to get it from Dennis in the near future it took me about a day to line up the faithful guys to do the hauling I asked them to so many thanks to you guys for a job well done

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Paul B wrote:Scott,

Model 800= 2345 built
Model 169= 3977 or 4005, both numbers have been stated, but 4005 is the one normally used.
Model 126= 5247
Model 73= 7678
Model 86= 8489
Model 72= 9881
Model 107= 10846
Model 71= 11072

OK, you asked for 4 and you got 8, consider the extra 4 a bonus
Where does the 108 fall into this ?
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

jspicer
First and Last Name: Josh Spicer

Post by jspicer »

Jess,
I think what made the 800's such a low production was because they were too high priced compared to other comparable brands in the same horsepower category. So in that case, you guys are rollin' in the dough :lol: .
Guys were probably wanting the higher horsepower and hydros anyway ;) . I agree with Paul, probably the only quietline worth having or owning :roll: .
Cubs in the den: 882 Diesel, 1512 Diesel, 1772 SGT Diesel..............I've got a smokin' problem

mlamar
First and Last Name: Mike LaMar

Post by mlamar »

Hey Vinceeeee
You comment Sunday on the 800 sums it up. Quote "but what do I know?" I like ya guy, but don't mess with the 800. If ya gotta pic on something go after the green machines. We are all one big family. :lol:

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Post by Scott C. »

Thanks Paul.
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Paul

I never Pic on something you like! LMAO!
100_6354.jpg
Paul, I think youll agree, when class is in Im all ears. Guys I sat one sat and had a fast lunch with Paul and I learned more about a cco that day that I ever thought I would. Not to mention the quick class at plow day a few years back on a n 86 with a blown eng, I should have bought that little thing. If I remember right Rich didnt want to go home with it.
-Andrew Jackson

ljones
First and Last Name: Lucas Jones

Post by ljones »

Just out of curiosity what do 800s normally sell for ?
Have a original and a 122 http://mycubs.yolasite.com/

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

I dont know but I understand its hard to find one with the small starter and the frame not cut in the prosess of replacing the starter.
-Andrew Jackson

jspicer

Post by jspicer »

What I believe are the hard to find parts on the 800(I may be off on the muffler box, CRS settin' in. Paul will know):
Starter, muffler and muffler box, air cleaner..............

Kinda like the 169:
Muffler, heat shield which now can be remade..............

What are they worth????
Whatever you and the seller agree on :o :lol: .

Later all.
Cubs in the den: 882 Diesel, 1512 Diesel, 1772 SGT Diesel..............I've got a smokin' problem

rweaver

Post by rweaver »

the price of a 800 depends a lot on how complete it is does it run and does it have the muffler muffler mount air cleaner and small starter I personaly have seen 800s sell from 45.00 to 3000.00 but most sell for between 400.00 to 800.00

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

Josh,
If by "muffler box" you mean the tin/sheet metal box around the muffler, it is the same as all the other QL's, however the diecast aluminum part (parts manual calls it an Air Duct) bolted to the front of the 8 hp engine that the tin box bolts to is specific to the 800. All the other QL's use a different air duct. In other words, there are two different air ducts, one for the 800 and one for all the other models.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

[quote="wdeturck"]To get all the collectible garden tractors you need all of these. There is a SN break on some so you need 2 of that model
Garden Tractor quote"]/

108, 2050043U, 2050209U, 2050210U

If my calculator is right, there was only 167 of these built ? And I have 2 of them ?
Last edited by J Hayes on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

jspicer

Post by jspicer »

Paul,
I knew there was something different about the muffler box. It was the mount :oops: . I remember seeing the discussion about it before. Couldn't remember right off the top of the head. Thanks for clarifying ;) .

mgonitzke
First and Last Name: Matt Gonitzke

Post by mgonitzke »

J Hayes wrote:
wdeturck wrote:To get all the collectible garden tractors you need all of these. There is a SN break on some so you need 2 of that model
Garden Tractor quote"]/

108, 2050043U, 2050209U, 2050210U

If my calculator is right, there was only 167 of these built ? And I have 2 of them ?
Nope...those are kind codes that precede the serial number, not the serial number itself.
Original, 582 w/ 18 hp Kohler Command, 682 w/ Kwik-Way loader, 782, 782D, 1872 My Cub Site

dmcdowell
First and Last Name: Dan McDowell

Post by dmcdowell »

As I read along the rareity of some of these cubs is interesting. Some of you guys have a lot of info on the bigger picture of cub cadet. I see some tractors on cl that I am not interested in but would have bought and tried to trade for something that does interest me. Do any of you guys have info on the bigger production numbers of models or the more popular selling units.? I always figured my 126 was a dime a dozen and the 147 had the low production number.

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Vince and others , heres a couple of pictures of 800 starters .
The top one is a 800 I just picked up with the larger replacement starter and the usual really bad frame hack job that I have seen on a few 800's .
You don't have to remove that much frame but most of the time that much is removed just to make it easier to replace the starter. If you remove just a little off the inside lip of the frame the bigger starter will fit .

The bottom picture is of another 800 that I also picked up about 1/2 mile from my house this spring that still had the small starter on it and has spent most if not all of its life in a garage .
Its a real cream puff and rivals the one Paul B just picked up in appearance.
The one we just sent west to Iowa with Ray and Pauls help although faded was pretty much unmolested .

I've been checking ebay regularly for over 5 yrs. now for a small starter and I've only seen one for sale in that time frame .
It was used with no guarentees that it worked , and it went for about $128 IIRC .
Needless to say I didn't buy it.
Attachments
Sscn3367.jpg
Sscn3368.jpg
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

mlamar
First and Last Name: Mike LaMar

Post by mlamar »

I might have been tempted to buy that starter up for that price...just to have an extra. I rebuilt one of my smaller starters for one of my 800's awhile back and I'm not sure but I think some of the parts interchanged with the electric lift motor (such as brushes, bearings) :?:

Josh O
First and Last Name: Josh Ott

Post by Josh O »

Interesting post on the production numbers. Ive got three of the more or less rare ones according to that info - a 1969 72, 1970 126, and a 1971 107.
Cub Cadets are like potato chips...you cant just have one.

rweaver

Post by rweaver »

well another chapter in this book to my knowlege the 800 is home was to be picked up last week the electrall I had posted in another thread is also going there along with a 582s a 1650 a 1450 dual hyd a 109 I made arrangements for all to be out in IA by thanksgiving