One Year Anniversary

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

One Year Anniversary

Post by Scott C. »

September 5th will be the 1st anniversary of the Cub Cadet Collectors!

So far, we have; Total posts 13220, Total topics 2131, Total images 877 and 1033 Total members with 310 total individual documents available for your downloading pleasure!

Way cool, and we still need input from you folks. Any ideas large or small to make this place better are appreciated!

I am currently working with a fine gentleman from the Wisconsin Historical Society to be able to post documents relating to the early days of Cub Cadet.
Thank you Brian Sell for the contact information!

Onward and upward!!!
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

TWheaton
First and Last Name: Tim Wheaton

Re: One Year Anniversary

Post by TWheaton »

No raging ideas, just a note of thanks to you for your part in making it happen.

GatorDave
First and Last Name: Dave Grimley

Post by GatorDave »

I appreciate your hard work scott! Noo great ideas here but i dont see how it could get much better, we have the best bunch of memebers I've seeen anywhere. the other forums i belong to are very informational but i dont believe the people are near as caring and friendly as all of you! oh we are doing backups though right? I'd hate for this site to go down like the other one did. Cheers and here;s to many more years!
Nothing works like a Cub!

cub cadet 2165
First and Last Name: Dennis Lenox Jr

Post by cub cadet 2165 »

Thanks all who make this site a great place to belong to.I have no ideas.All the hard work you guys do is much appreciated. :beer:

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

Backup?

There's a little link at the bottom that says "The Team", they're your moderators!
memberlist.php?mode=leaders

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

Yikes..... a year.... already........ hmmm still so much to do so many things to change.... play with....... but before all that

The gallery is outdated by 3 versions, the download mod is outdated by 4 versions, and the forum itself is outdated by one version! cant i catch a break???? anyone anyone (crickets chipping) :dontknow:

I need an assistant... any takers?

dave
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Wow its been a year already? Dang where dose the time go?
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Just wanted to say thanks for getting a great cub forum going. :beer:

I like this style much better than the rolling posts of "that one" . Makes it so much easier to get an answer and much easier to locate a specific post when you need help with something.
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

wally_471
First and Last Name: Wally Whitfield

Post by wally_471 »

Thanks you Scott and all the others that helped and gave there time.
Wally :beer:

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

I'm a new member and I'm sure glad you all have worked and continue to work hard to make it go... :beer:
Thanks,
Jim
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

Thanks for all you guys do!! Haven't posted as much as I had been, but still try and read it every day! Oh, and you guys really are amazing, you even managed to get Vince to move up in the world!! :beer:

ljones
First and Last Name: Lucas Jones

Post by ljones »

Time does fly, os there any provisions on redirecting the old site or just the registry part of it?
Have a original and a 122 http://mycubs.yolasite.com/

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Post by VScott »

Thanks to all of the moderators who volunteer their time and hard work to give us all this great forum! If you spend much time on other forums, be it a Cub Cadet forum or other brands, you will realise that THIS IS the friendliest forum. I don't think that I have ever seen the phrase "RTFM" on here once. Usually everyone is willing to give some help or ideas. To me that's what it is all about.

Go over on the wfm forum for example, and see how quickly you get called out by a moderator for posting to an incorrect area of their forum. There is a yahoo forum that I also belong to for Case tractors and I have seen people get blasted for pricing something a little higher than the powers that be think that it's worth...

Which brings me to my next statement.

Perhaps some constructive criticism for some of us as members. I have noticed lately that the classified area, "for sale" in particular has become a place for people to throw jabs at others. Negative comments about items people have for sale, calling out people on how much they want for an item, or paid for it ,telling others that they are overpriced, etc... I just don't understand that line of thinking. If you don't like a person's price, if you aren't that fond of a particular item that someone is selling, or whatever reason you have, keep it to yourself. I don't like narrow frames that much, for example, but when someone is offering one for sale, I'm not going to make a negative comment about it just to see my own words on a page. My thoughts here are not meant to offend anyone, just kind of a "live and let live" statement. It's been said a million times, but typing words on a computer screen has no feeling, or inflection, so I'm sure tongue in cheek comments sometimes get misunderstood, maybe I'm way off base here. If so please let me know.

Please keep this a friendly forum. People don't come here to be belittled or criticized. Most people get that enough just trying to get through life day to day. Just my two cents worth.

Vinny

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

I have thanked those involved Many times for their sleepless nights and dedication to get this site working even better than before . I thank them every time we get to see how they make the forum easier to navigate although it may be in silence because there isn't enough words to praise them.

Vinny, I know what you mean I got called out on a carpet for using a smiley that "Belongs" to another forum.
I see in our members section some of those are members here as well.. some have never posted anything to contribute to the betterment of our site, but are acting watchdogs, but that's OK

You will see sometimes that a few of us throw some stones, but we expect to get them back as it is always just in fun. and know each other personally. I know being in a super serious forum you can't do that .
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

GatorDave

Post by GatorDave »

I may not post much either but do read it daily, and all i can say is i've seen some kidding in fun and this darn forum makes me wish i lived further up north. would love to meet most of y'all in person and would love to have better access to all the good stuff you guys sell and trade. cub stuff is pretty rare here in north fl, and y;all are a wealth of knowledge. here's to many more years!

Amigatec
First and Last Name: Pat Benner

Post by Amigatec »

I quit another forum because it was not very friendly, I like it here better. But sometimes I feel like an outsider because of the distance from the other members, and that I will probably never to meet the other forum members in person.
CC 1973 Model 129
CC 1973 Model 149
TB 1978 Pony II
TB 1981 Horse II
TB 1988 Econo Horse
1950 David Bradley 917.5756

Oklahoma Giant Pumpkin Grower and State Record Holder.

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Dave, if you watch the dates on the plow days maybe you could plan a vacation around them The one in Ft Allan is a 3 day event with one if them mostly for plowing but if some left over Ya can plow on Sun. with primitive camping on site. there are others too.
Just a bit of warning it gets contagious,

Pat don't feel like an outsider.. We all have things in common and we do have an effective transportation system especially on those plow days and directly after as the guys journey home. Find that elsewhere ??
All ya need to do is watch who is planning to be at one and check the map and use email or PM boxes
Mostly closer to plow days, guys will say they have room for X amount of stuff.

and when you drive up through NC don't be wherein a suite -- May be taken for a revinooer. :lol: :lol:

TWheaton

Post by TWheaton »

GatorDave,
Slip over here in November(9th-12th) for the Fl. Flywheelers show near Ft. Meade.
If you want more info drop me a line
Tim in Sebring

GatorDave

Post by GatorDave »

thank s guys, may have to do that tim :beer:

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Dave, and Tim --- If you so happen to be near this trailer .... Would you get us some close up pics of these tractors and Implements this guy built ????
Attachments
a30686.jpg
a30685.jpg

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

Hey Tim,
Anything going on down your way between October 28th and Nov. 4th?
I'm gonna be down there for a little visiting with the in laws. Leaving the 5th.
I'm coming over your way one of those days for a visit.

TWheaton

Post by TWheaton »

Scott,

Yes sir, There is a nice little show at Lake Wales the 29th and 30th. We can take that in with your visit.
I'll get with you on details.
Tim

TWheaton

Post by TWheaton »

Scott,
That's Saturday and Sunday 29th and 30th of October. Thought I better add that.

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

NOPE NOT YET!

Board started: Sun Sep 05, 2010 9:11 pm
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

GatorDave

Post by GatorDave »

dangit tim another weekend i'm on call and cant leave the area. hey scot and anyone else for that matter you guys are always welcome to stop in st augustine on your way through. :D

TWheaton

Post by TWheaton »

GatoeDave,That;a bummer, maybe the November Show

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

A year and a day!
Thanks everyone.

I am going to Houston October 26th and leaving from there and flying to to Bradenton, FL on the 28th (the start of my vacation).
I'll be staying in Florida till the 5th.
Tim,
At this time, I am planning on coming to the show on Saturday. I Googled it and it's about 110 miles from Venice to the show.
I'll borrow the FIL's vehicle and be there first thing in the morning.
I'm looking forward to it!

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

I can't say enough either about how grateful I am to those that got the old site back up (even if it wasn't the same as before). I've adapted since then and my only regret is that I don't have the time to follow things here as much as I did when it first came online.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!