Prayer Chapel

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Re: Since we don't have a 'Prayer Chapel"

Post by J Hayes »

kbrothers wrote:All I have a good friend from school days and military who has lung cancer agent orange related He was sent home today on hospice care Please rmember him and his family Thanks Ken in Pa
I haven't heard about "agent orange" since we of the Nam era..
First of all I would like to thank him for watching my back, and prayers to our comrade and his family.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Some of you who that know Scott Cleveland know how sick hes been since last fall. I talk to him every couple of weeks and looks like hes going back in the hosp for a while. Please keep him in your prayers. Hes a strong man, the strongest one Ive ever met, but I know this is hard on him.

As I get more info Ill pass it along.
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Thanks Vince for calling us together .. Prayers sent !

eralbert
First and Last Name: Rick Albert

Post by eralbert »

Thanks Vince,

Every time I receive an e-mail concerning the Prayer Chapel, it makes me so proud of the people here.....what a wonderful family of caring and helpful friends.

Rick
2 Originals...

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Just an update on Scott Cleveland. He called me the other day and sounded so good! Hes off some of his meds that have been making him sick. They had to take more of his foot off, but didnt have to take his leg. In his words hes fighting to stay alive, and I know the man will fight hard. He said it will be a couple more weeks till the boys and I can come see him.
-Andrew Jackson

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

That's great Vince !! Keep us posted We'll keep him in our prayers.

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Have a good friend "Sam " battling with a very bad stage of leukemia.
Let us pray for healing, and time for his salvation..
He does know there is God, but he hasn't yet received Him totally into his heart.
Sam knows he has sinned in his past,but has repented from those, and still He feels God won't forgive him.
Still trying to get the message through that Is why Christ has died for all of us.

eralbert

Post by eralbert »

Thanks for letting us know....I felt that way a long time but those close to me cared enough to help.....I hope we can help your friend.
2 Originals...

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Jim - Your friend is in my prayers, and you as well. Perhaps if he is willing to hear the Word from you or from a CD...

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Romans 10:17

"So I say to you, ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened." Luke 11:9-10

Hang in there Jim, you are a good man.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

I will pray for Sam and his salvation,and for your words to say to him Jim.Thanks. Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Big Jim, you do the talking to Sam, we'll continue to pray and God's will Sam will see the truth.
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Thanks Guys, so far he isn't committed...still in the works .

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

This young couple (Kin to me ) got married last year, and was about to have their first son this week(cesarean )as the Mother is a diabetic . Although with careful follow ups and good news from the Dr. ....The little boy passed away this morning. Please pray for comfort, and understanding for them and Family.
Attachments
Justin &amp; Megan
Justin & Megan

Nikster
First and Last Name: Nik Reikalas

Post by Nikster »

I give thanks every morning in my own way.

Prayer does work.

Nik,

jpackard56

Post by jpackard56 »

Real sorry to hear of this, will add this young couple to our prayers...
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

dag1450

Post by dag1450 »

I will pray for them. Dave

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Thanks Guys!
This event has also led to the Great Grandmother ( My wife's sister) into a heart attack at 60 years old. the doctor called it a "Broken heart syndrome" She was released from the hospital this past Thursday.
She also is a cancer survivor (5 years so far) although missing about 10" of lower bowel, and only by the support she had received from prayer chains, and testimonials did she find the courage to fight at a time she was about to give up.

I just wish more folks would use this "Chapel" for their needs as well...God is real , and I have been shown many blessings in return for my faith.
In Fact I would like to see a stand alone topic posted for such reasons, If I could get enough of you to agree,Maybe the moderators would make a place for it ??? I had ask but I guess I'm the only one to feel of it's importance.

eralbert

Post by eralbert »

Jim,

Please include me as one more asking for a section for special requests. Other sites have it and with the "family" atmosphere we have here, I certainly would think Scott and others would think it a fine addition to the site.

I don't post here very often but I check in all the time. Prayer cost nothing...... but availeth much. Asking for His will in everything....He hears us....You are right...God is real.....thanks for caring enough to post your thoughts.

Rick
2 Originals...

jpackard56

Post by jpackard56 »

Actually I was surprised that this site didn't have a separate section, but since I can always come to this thread it has been o.k. with me. If this thread would have been deleted then I would have had to go to another site. God is real and none of us deserve His grace. If you want statistics about what happens when prayer is removed from an institution check out any major trend in the American public school system after prayer was removed in 1962: test scores dropped, delinquency increased, unwed-mothers increased, STDs rocketed upward, etc. etc. it was NOT a good move. Having lived thru that time I admit that I thought at the then that most of the prayers in school were pretty routine and probably not a lot of substance...looking back it would seem that somebody's prayers were making a difference, even if I didn't see it then. sorry fellas I wasn't trying to get on a box, but working in education has worn me down to a nub, big changes are needed and they are not going the right direction. Truly going back to basics would be the best thing to happen in years, more state tests, more reports to the government, more politics, more buildings, are just making it more complex and the students suffer in the long run. I would support the call for a separate section for a prayer chapel, but I am thankful for this thread if those in charge feel a separate place would go against the purpose statement of the site.

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Jim ,
As you know you are the one I started this "Chapel" for you , and you are a living testimony how God has directed you to where you are now.
I saw you so low ...it seemed too far to get back up, but now life is a lot more bearable.
Keeping faith alone helps, but we sometimes need support from our piers. I don't mind you getting on "the box" It's great to know prayer works!!
I myself have went through two cancer operations, one Bladder and the other Basil cell on my nose. the one on my nose ,if I waited any longer would have taken my eye..(Doc wasn't sure he could save it then) but not to have me worry, He didn't say that till the first post op checkup. But knowing I had support from many folks and the guidance of Gods hand for the surgeon
Attachments
I went from this
I went from this
to this in 6 months
to this in 6 months

ClayJ
First and Last Name: Clay Johnston

Post by ClayJ »

I would like to say thanks to anyone who may have sent up a prayer for me. As Vince posted back in February, I was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer. It's been a very tough 8 months of life sucking chemo and I'm not completely out of the woods yet, but I'm still alive and have came so far with the Good Lord's help. Never let anybody tell you that prayer doesn't work. God has brought me back from deaths' door twice when my kidneys and liver shut down. The Drs have removed my feeding tube and I have put back on 45 of the 95 lbs that I lost and am eating well now. I have exceeded the maximum ammount of the aggressive chemo that my body can take and I have some pretty significant nerve damage from the chemo, but like I said, I'm still alive. Now for the good part, all of my tumors are gone....God still answers prayers!! But on the bad side, my last CT scan showed a thickening in the lining of my stomach which is indicative of more cancer. I see my oncologist Thursday and I guess that we will discuss his next plan of attack. Will have to get it biopsied, but don't have an appointment for that yet, maybe I'll find out Thur. I ask that each one of you keep me in your prayers and maybe I can get back to cubbin' next year.

Clay

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Clay you sure got mine!! Keep us posted . Just keep faith ,and a positive attitude, and you will be cubbing in no time.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

I would suggest that this thread just become a "sticky" in the Coffee Shop. More people on the fence are more likely to open it if they are already in the Coffee Shop. Also, it keeps it as a single thread, a running conversation, just as with the old forum, rather than individual topics. Keeps us all on the same page, together as brothers.

I even like the title "Since we don't have a 'Prayer Chapel"; gives it more intrigue, maybe more people will open it. Just make it a sticky!

And Clay, hang in there, my prayers are with you as well!
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Clay

Good to hear from you! Ive been wondering how youve been. If the numbers are the same and you are up to it Id like to call you this weekend.
-Andrew Jackson

dag1450

Post by dag1450 »

Clay,sounds like a good report! I am praying for you so that you can start turning those wrenches this fall on your cub.I know when im working on my cubs all other problems seem to fade away :) .Dave

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Post by ReicheP »

Will do Clay!
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Tom Scott wrote:I would suggest that this thread just become a "sticky" in the Coffee Shop. More people on the fence are more likely to open it if they are already in the Coffee Shop. Also, it keeps it as a single thread, a running conversation, just as with the old forum, rather than individual topics. Keeps us all on the same page, together as brothers.

I even like the title "Since we don't have a 'Prayer Chapel"; gives it more intrigue, maybe more people will open it. Just make it a sticky!

I agree.. seems like many don't know this is here... folks must not loose their faith.. we are not alone .

dag1450

Post by dag1450 »

Sounds good to me ! Dave

jpackard56

Post by jpackard56 »

Prayers really needed for strength for a local gals family. I'm really having a hard time even writing this...one of my former students was murdered this last week apparently on the 27th. She left to make a pizza delivery and never returned. They have a "person" in custody...the whole community is just broken over this.

ronniec
First and Last Name: Ronnie Chapman

Post by ronniec »

prayers sent
have snow must plow