ever see a IH electrall pto generator

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

ever see a IH electrall pto generator

Post by rweaver »

I found a ih electrall a week ago and had somebody grab it for me these are a pretty rare item and pricey seen some sell for 3200.00
IMG_4155.JPG
IMG_4154.JPG

OhioBinder
First and Last Name: David Gregg

Re: ever see a IH electrall pto generator

Post by OhioBinder »

Ray
I grew up around an electrall. Dad and Grandpa bought a 400 with the mounted electral new in the mid fifties. Used as a cack up for their dairy farm operation. When the 400 was traded in a few years later for something larger they took off the electral and wound up selling it to a camp for lighting. They then bought a trailer one like you have pictured. Dad sold it around 69 after he got out of milking cows.

When we had the big tornadoes here in NW Ohio on Palm Sunday back in 65 (many tornadoes were created in this storm and major damage was spread over several counties0 we still had electric at the farm although it was limited we still had it.
Dad hooked the electrall up to the pickup and headed into the worst damaged areas to the dairy farms. They milked the cows, dumped the milk and pumped water into anything that would hold it for the livestock and went on to the next dairy farm and eventially going back to repeat the process at the first farm. He did this for several days till they got the power companies lines repaired.

Nice find.
David
David Gregg
NW oIHo

jspicer
First and Last Name: Josh Spicer

Post by jspicer »

Ray,
Nice find!! Those things are rare and pricey when you do find one.
Cubs in the den: 882 Diesel, 1512 Diesel, 1772 SGT Diesel..............I've got a smokin' problem

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

for you guys interested this electrall is going to the same place that Jesses 800 went to