Home from the hospital

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Home from the hospital

Post by rweaver »

I had incident on sunday night found out I had a hernia went to the er to get checked and was told we will have the operation on monday white cell blood count was up a good bit by midday so was pushed till tuesday 11 am when I woke up it was 1 1/2 hrs later then was told it would take here we not only had a hernia but my apendics was right under the hernia and it burst we just came home friday evening its going to be a long recovery was told lift nothing for 6 weeks at least how would you like that news for somebody who works 6 days a week

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Re: Home from the hospital

Post by vince_o »

Ray

I totaly understand. My hernia got me real sick at possum lodge. Marc and I were there and remember Tony telling Kathy I needed to go to the hosp. I waited till I got home and went to my family dock first. He sent me accross the street to the surgins and he told me we will do it on thurs. DONT lift a thing. I had sold a 149 and some decks, I lifted and worked up till that day. Never really hurt much after the surgury and Marc and I put walls up in my shop a few days after. Took 5 weeks off went to work never had another problem.

As far as the apendix well I still have mine if you want it! The girls will be busy pulling parts for ya!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

mikeyb
First and Last Name: Michael Bobbitt

Post by mikeyb »

Sorry to hear that Ray.
Wishing you a speedy recovery!

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

I Think the girls are going to have to lock the barn and not give you the key Ray ! I have to let everyone know that i called Ray on Monday about some parts and he did not sound like himself,i said "are you ok" he said " i'm in the hospital ,what part are you looking for" .I'm thinking to myself ,how do i talk to a guy about tractor parts while he's laying in the hospital ???? :oops: He sure loves his job !!!, or he's crazy ? Get better soon Ray . THE BARN CAN WAIT ! I'll call you in six weeks . Dave Gibson
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Glad your home and on the recovery. Appendix in an adult they say is way worse than on a youngster...be careful with that.
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

rweaver

Post by rweaver »

the not so funny part is after they removed every thing it left a hole in my stomach that is 6mmx12mmx51/2mm deep and that needs to grow closed we still have customers to take care of I just cant lift anything one of my freinds on his days off will be here so if we need anything big done he can do it so now for the fun part back to resting starting monday 1 st week

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Glad to hear you're on the mend now Ray. You make sure you follow the Doctor's order's too. ( I know from personal experience being a stubborn dutchman it's difficult to not help out when there is stuff to be done.)

Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

mmzullo
First and Last Name: Mike Marzullo

Post by mmzullo »

Ray,
sorry to here that but glad your doing better. DO WHAT THE DOCTOR SAYS!!!! Dont rupture your sutures. It'll be worst pain.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Ray - I wish you a speedy recovery.

Remember, many of us that buy from you will wait for you to heal before we "have to have" something. So, you will still get the same sale, just a few weeks later. Rest and obey the doctor, and you will be all set for the spring parts rush.

Take care, Tom
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

Ray,
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Please take care of yourself and don't overdo things.
I know that's a difficult thing to tell a man who likes to stay active- please be careful, whatever has to be done can wait for the moment
All the best-
Ken

jchabot
First and Last Name: Jim Chabot

Post by jchabot »

Sorry to hear that this happened to you Ray.

Hoping and praying for you to listen to the doctor and have a safe and successful recovery.

I don't need anything right now. Maybe I need to remember that I'll be needing something in six weeks if it will help you out.
"a man that started in to carry a cat home by the tail was getting knowledge that was always going to be useful to him, and warn't ever going to grow dim or doubtful"

Samuel Clemmons

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Ray , Take care of your self.. I had mine burst too didn't catch it until almost too late through my own stubbornness. doc said another 10 min later he wouldn't have Guaranteed anything. the poison was so bad I woke up 3 days later still on a stomach pump.and for another 3 days watching the ice water I had to sip went out my nose through that tube every time I swallowed. I had about a 7" incision where he took it out to get all the appendix and what matter that was in there Had to worry about infection so I did listen .

Very hard to Heal in that area when you are as round as we are. especially if you have a lot of muscle damage from the incision. so I would advise to take it easy as possible.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

Ray,
LISTEN AND DO what the doctor says, you could say your life depends on it........I know your good recovery does.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Post by l palma »

Get well Ray,
6 weeks will go by in no time.

chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

Post by chzuck »

Best wishes on a speedy and good recovery! Be a good boy and listen to the doctor's orders!
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow

rweaver

Post by rweaver »

I want to thank you for the well wishes its real nice of you guys to think of me and I have 3 bosses here tlling me what I may do so I surley wont get lost or at worst do somethng I shouldnt love my bosses tho they are looking out for my best intersest

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Yep Ray all that "mother hen stuff" can get rough at times, but for this world its a lot better than the options...just let'em love you a little extra for a few weeks, we'll all be glad you did :!:
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

billor57
First and Last Name: Bill Collins

Post by billor57 »

Get well Ray and do as the doctors and your home nurses tell you. This is a good time of year to have a rest anyway.
;)

Dave
First and Last Name: David Mullett

Post by Dave »

MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU RAY, SURE YOUR GIRLS ARE GONNA STEP UP . GET WELL SOON ,DAVE

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Ray,
How's the healing going? Hopefully well.

Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

rweaver

Post by rweaver »

ok just a update on how things are going I am healing well just takes sooooooooooooooooooooooo long I was in the hosp today to change the bandage and all looks good we are very glad that all is going well we had the busiest week we had in a long time last week sold 5 tractors in one day and bought in 3 big loads the same week we are sending another load in the am 20 ft trailer full 16 decks and 782 plus parts so its very busy just knowing I cant lift any thing to help is painful but my 4 bosses are right here so a few more weeks and we should be able to do light things I HOPE

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Glad to hear that Ray Just keep taking care of yourself will be good in the long run..
I know how hard it is , but I didn't totally listen,,, For several years after being operated on I would get pains like the doc left a pair of scissors in there. He called them scar tissue adhesion's from trying to re heal something I ripped apart from not listening .
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .