Tornado's

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
John Norcross
First and Last Name: John Norcross

Tornado's

Post by John Norcross »

Man some nasty weather ripping through the lower states.
Hope every one is OK!

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Re: Tornado's

Post by BigMike »

You said it John.
Putting out a call for Jess,Rick Harris,Paul Bell,Bryan Baker,Mayor Cal and all in that area.......how are you guys doin?

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Mike , I'm Ok and I talked to Rick after they went thru ...But they had a tornado pass thru Piner/Crittenden area which is about 5 miles south of me . Wayne Hyde lives just south of Crittenden , hope he's OK . Man it got really ugly here for a while .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Went through a town 9 miles from me. We were outside and heard it. We also saw one North of us several miles. First one I'd personally seen but it was pretty far away. Tore a town 15 miles from me to pieces. Hope everyone there is okay. Not many fatalities reported fortunately for what happened.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

I'm OK, just got wind and rain, but there were several tornados across southern Indiana, one supposedly on the ground for about 40 plus minutes, and more about 30 miles south of Louisville (2nd time this week). Lot of damage and some confirmed deaths in Indiana. Not pretty. It's still pretty windy here as I type this, but no warnings or watches for the area, at least not right now.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Kathy said one was in the air around us, not on the ground, but the strange part is that they are warnings out for extream western NC where elvation can change a thousand feet between mtns, and there are warnings. Just un heard of.
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

CubbinCal
First and Last Name: Calvin Woodrey

Post by CubbinCal »

Hey Guys! Everything is OK here at the CubbinCal house so far. Thanks for asking Big Mike. I just sent a text to Jess, Rick and BB, I hope to hear from them soon.

I should have read all of the posts before I posted. Glad to see Jess, Rick and Paul are ok.
I'm hittin easy street on AG tires!

k. keeton
First and Last Name: Keith Keeton

Post by k. keeton »

North and south of us, from oxford,oh. just south of cal, my second post

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

BB is in south Ga text his wife.
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Kcrain
First and Last Name: Keith Crain

Post by Kcrain »

I'm up on top the hill on the east side of cincinnati an we had lots of strong winds and some rain. The town of moscow just up the river bout 8 mile is totally leveled even took the roof off the firehouse

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Good to hear you guys are ok.

John Norcross
First and Last Name: John Norcross

Post by John Norcross »

Good to here that everyone is ok.

John

wham
First and Last Name: Tim Ham

Post by wham »

Seems my county, Limestone, and our neighbor to the East, Madison, home of Huntsville, have a tornado bullseye painted on them here lately. We had 70 or so Houses destroyed Friday. Actually the damage missed me on the North, South and East by about 5 miles. Wasn't as bad as last April 27 but it brought back all the memories. Really feel for those folks in Southern Indiana and other places though at least we didn't have any deaths and just a few injuries.

Tim H.
Cub Cadets, Just Like Lays Potato Chips, no one can own Just One ! ! ! !
Originalx7, 70x2, 100x2, 71, 102, 72x2, 149, 169, 1450 two stick, 782, 782D, Z-Force (yaller fever )

Paul B

Post by Paul B »

Last Friday we had severe weather with temps in the upper 70's and multiple, deadly, tornados. This morning we have temps in the low 30's and 3" to 4" or more of heavy, wet, snow.............but I'll take the snow anytime over the tornado's. So far the death toll from last Friday for this area is over 40.

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

Paul I thought you liked tornados if my memory serves me right you were in Laport IN when they had one and you even had a good soaking shower in the morning in the motel more on that when Paul responds

Paul B

Post by Paul B »

Yeah, the power went out at the motel while we were having dinner, and then had to set in the dark at the motel all night while the wind blew. I refused to shave or shower in cold water the next morning, and as we drove out of the parking lot the next morning the power came back on. Could have made some money selling flashlights........

The scary one was in Davenport, IA. We were on our way to an auction in Forrest, IA, and stopped there for the night. Storms rolled in and we stood helpless looking out the motel window as tornado's started forming and dipping down out of the black clouds, and hail was bouncing off my truck. It had only been out of the body shop less than a week for hail damage repair from a storm at home. I took pictures of the hail to prove to the insurance company it happened again, but it didn't receive any damage. The local news the next morning said there were 14 confirmed tornado's in the area the night before.

Then there was the time we had to out run one in South Dakota. We had been to an auction in North Dakota that time.........maybe I will stop going to auctions.

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

I found out today that CSX basically shutdown there Cincinnati Oh to Corbin Ky route on Friday nite to clear downed trees from Fridays tornado's .
I operated thru that section today .
If you drew a straight line from Piner KY. to Moscow Oh . , where our tracks intersect thats line about half way between the two towns , is where all the debris was located .
Our route runs north and south following the Licking river on the west side and you could see on both sides of the river where the twister crossed on its way to Moscow Oh .
Didn't see any damaged houses as its a rural wooded area , but it was still an eerie sight seeing whole sections of trees laid over or snapped off 20 feet above the ground . :shock:
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

Kelpie
First and Last Name: Russell McClure

Post by Kelpie »

Hey Kevin, Glad to hear you're ok. Was wondering how close those tornadoes got to you.
Give a snake a brake
1964 Model 70 Dad bought new, creeper, 38" mower deck, fenders, lights, Brinley lift assist and sleeve hitch. Brinley plow.

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

Paul..
I know how you feel.

I was towing my fuel dragster to the tract down HWY 51 south of Decatur, Il in 1972 on a cludy saturday. All of asudden, a twiter dropped out of the sky about 200 yards EAST of my car....Luck it was on the east side as I woud have had no place to go...

Worst was 1957, Dec, 18th...Hit the school I was in, taking part of the roof and chimney, another missed our house by 100 corn rows, a third crossed thi highway 2 miles south of the house...have 8mm of that one....

Since 57, 5 more twisters have came through the same part of the woods, last in 2004....

None this time around but the season is young!