Sorry , Guess I'll be MIA

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Sorry , Guess I'll be MIA

Post by J Hayes »

5N85Ie5F53Fb3N33H1c429733e94643f311fa.jpg
I sold my Gas guzzling cub hauler and bought a 4 cylinder replacement.. Nice little 98 Ranger Knowing it needed a head gasket I thought no problem so after two trips of getting lost finding and buying it I had it hauled to my mechanic ( The PO said he never ran it hot said it just started missing and he found water in the oil)
come to find it's going to cost over 1, 000.00 to redo the head through another machine shop can't figure why a thermostat would actually separate ?? I never saw that before. Good news is I found a 2001 engine and I will pick it up tomorrow and deliver it to my mechanic. but since it has ripped a bigger hole in my wallet than expected I have to take a rain check for Ft Allan... I'm not happy !!! :x :x :(
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

ronniec
First and Last Name: Ronnie Chapman

Re: Sorry , Guess I'll be MIA

Post by ronniec »

nice ranger ive got the 08 ranger never a problem ronnei
have snow must plow

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

ronniec wrote:nice ranger ive got the 08 ranger never a problem ronnei
Nice looking don't always get it /// The PO kept empathizing it wasn't run hot when in fact there is so much evidence after tear down he cooked it. Just If he told me before I would have just gotten this engine before even trying to have it tested now I probably have another 100.00 or so in labor and having the head checked than needed . Just disappointing I guess.. Had it for 2 weeks and only drove it 10 ' onto a trailer.

tompepper
First and Last Name: Denny Engle (tompepper)

Post by tompepper »

Buy a ford they are the best,Drive them a mine and push them the rest.
If you're gonna be dumb.you'd better be tough!!!!

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

I come to find that at least one of what the many interpretations of the word F>O>R>D> stands for is absolutely true in this case
Just think... I sold a Chevy to get it .

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Jim, The Mazda engine in those generally only takes one overheat to cause problems and 99% of the time the heads are the root cause. They have a bad habit of shifting and warping enough that they leak and the engine gets hot. The v-6 engines are a bit better but not by much.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Now that just ain't good at all.
Hey, can we set the transportation network up :?: Wouldn't be too bad if somebody is going by, after all Big Jim would be self-loading :!:
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Ugly Jim is fully loaded! :lol:
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

Jim if you keep your faced covered it'll' be easy to hitch a ride down Route 66 and walk down 119 to Ft. Allen. :beathorse: Giddy up Silver(ford Ranger)

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Post by Scott C. »

Arrrgggg... we'll miss you!
You know you don't need a truck or a tractor.
Just find a ride, steal or borrow a car, bike, plane, etc....
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

vince_o wrote:Ugly Jim is fully loaded! :lol:
If I was I'd have an empty jar :lol:
wdeturck wrote:Jim if you keep your faced covered it'll' be easy to hitch a ride down Route 66 and walk down 119 to Ft. Allen. :beathorse: Giddy up Silver(ford Ranger)
If I kept my face covered I'd be running into everything or picked up by Homeland security.

:lol:
Scott C. wrote:Arrrgggg... we'll miss you!
You know you don't need a truck or a tractor.
Just find a ride, steal or borrow a car, bike, plane, etc....
I'd be dead before I hit Apollo on a bicycle, and you wouldn't want me to try and land a plane anywhere within 30 mile of Greensburgh saw a quote one day " Take Offs are optional.. Landings are mandatory !

Thanks for the pick me ups guys,, Just been down in the dumps fer awhile..Told Vince the other day My junk don't seem to be worth as much as others junk.. I buy something good (To me ) and I have to pay someone to take it .

I do have options , but it depends on what it costs to get my truck back. I did deliver the engine yesterday, but there are other less major issues for inspection. that was unforeseen. should have a total by Friday. I was hoping I'd have enough left to do the rebuild on the now torn down 782 until then I'm back to the pusher...Not Good !

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

When I ride my RJ up the road, the preacher says I look like an elephant on a tri cycle, LMAO!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

I feel your pain. It's time for another engine in the '01 Suburban. Best rebuilt price so far is $2300 for the 6.0L

I had my local garage quote a GM replacement engine, $3350 for the engine, $880 for water pump , gaskets and fluids and $2600 in labor. I'll be doing this one in the driveway. It's been a few years since I did engine swaps but I'll be getting greasy again.
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift