Hiya from Mikie and Michele

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
cadetpwr
First and Last Name: Mike Toney

Hiya from Mikie and Michele

Post by cadetpwr »

Just thought I would drop in and say hi! My wife and I are still around, just not running CC power anymore so I am not on here much. Here is what I am working on now, 1961 Allis Chalmers B1, repowering her with a Petter AC1 diesel engine. Should be the point of first start up tomorrow if my parts come in. Cheers Mike and Michele T
Cub Cadet, building it better since 1961

cadetpwr

Re: Hiya from Mikie and Michele

Post by cadetpwr »

Out here you would think cubs are made of gold, even junkers. Add to that the difficulty of getting a rear mounted tiller opreational as that long belt is NLA from cub. The little Allis is perfect for my yard, parts are cheap and easy to find localy, I have the tiller, 32" mower deck and snow blade for it. It had a good overhauled 10hp Briggs in it, but I had this little diesel, and you know me and diesels! I should have it running under its own power this week, just waiting on the new injector to come in the mail. Mike

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Shoot, I thought my Cubs were made of gold !
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

Is taht the diesel engine you were going to trade me back a year or so?

cadetpwr

Post by cadetpwr »

Paint wont happen till next spring. The hood and grill will be a custom deal on this one. Need to extend the whole hood/grill assembly forward about 5 inches. Looking at using the hood from a B10 as its a bit longer. Still working on the grill part. It will be patterned after the big Allis tractors of that time. No the engine isnt one you are thinking of Frank. I got this engine last spring non running. Had bad injector pump and bad injector. Plus it was set up for fixed RPM. It was originaly on one of the old flashing arrow trailers for construction zones. A friend got it as part of a trade deal and he had no interst in it. He knew that I liked diesel engines and gave me a great deal on it. Thru an online friend in the UK, I got all the parts I needed to repair the engine, change it over to variable RPM control. She will make 6.6hp at 3600 rpm. Someone stuffed one of these in a CCO a few years ago. If it wasnt such a total b-tch to find a tiller that will work on a CCO, or pulleys and timing belts ect. I would have done a diesel CCO. But most older cubs are quickly becoming show and plow day only machines and not daily mowing, tilling ect. Most all of the wear parts on the old Allis are common parts available at Napa or a bearing parts wholesaler. Belts are standard size and lengths, no funny lengths or widths to deal with. I had a really nice 125 with tiller but was never able to come up with that long drive belt, it went NLA that summer thru Cub. I had it on back order at the dealership I worked at during that time for quite awhile. Then I had another CCO that I was mowing with till it ate the timed belt due to a worn pulley. Belt was on back order forever, never did get it and sold the tractor. Ran Wheelhorses for awhile till I came accross this B1 AC. Once I get the diesel sorted out and the hood/grill dealt with. I will have a jack of all trades tractor, with a diesel and not so large that I cant use it around my own yard. That little 32" mower deck just fits thru some of our landscaping in the front yard. Anything larger wont fit, either thru the yard, or thru the doors to our shed. Hopefully I will have it ready for field duty by Ohio plow day 2015. Schooling keeps me busy till then. Mike

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Post by bbaker »

Missed you at plow day Mikie.... We had lots of questions for you and some catching up to do. You were quite the topic of discussion. I was kind of hoping you'd make it so we could of had a long sit down talk.
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

cadetpwr

Post by cadetpwr »

Do I even want to know what I was the topic of? We hope to make it back to plow day in a couple more years, if they have one near us here in Indiana we might make it. I did make it to the portland swap meet on Thursday. Schooling and lack of funds for gas for long trips, been a couple of rocky years for us. On the upswing now, just taking time to get back up to snuff again. The zip tie on the drive shaft prank came up when I was telling my new tractor buddy, he is a green guy, about some of the fun we have at plow days. We both really miss the gang and the fun at AW's every year. Mike

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Mike, please remember this is the age of information. :shock:
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

AJGross
First and Last Name: AJ Gross

Post by AJGross »

Nice to see ya back Mikie! Btw, I may have a lead on a plow day next summer around Richmond IN.

AJ

cadetpwr

Post by cadetpwr »

Kewl AJ! And yes I know that BB. Trying to move forward and not dewl on the past. I still play musical tractors, some things never change. I am still waiting on the injector for the engine in the Allis, must be tied up in customs! Feel free to shoot me a PM if you wanna chat on the phone. mike

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

MUSICAL TRACTORS THATS GOOD! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So can I just say it now, back and forth, back and forth :roll: :lol:
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

cadetpwr

Post by cadetpwr »

yes it is, and thats funny Vince! I have a buddy here that is nothing but green and he is being a bad influence in my tractor wants! Between his restored 318 and narrow front 112 round fender that I drove all day at Portland last week, the green fever is setting in fast. Mike

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Another forum, its on Epay now!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

pattonacres
First and Last Name: Rich Patton

Post by pattonacres »

HOLY CRAP!! Mike is this a new record or what? on your oct 15th post this was the BEST tractor going ,parts easy to find,fits your yard and now 8 days later you lost interest? did you hit a road block or what?
PATTON ACRES LLC Garden Tractor Salvage Yard
check us out online @ www.pattonacres.com

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Rich,I have a feeling there is some Mikey in all of us.After ten years of Cubs I have an Allis-Chalmers and am looking at a Case :lol:

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

bcuster wrote:
BigMike wrote:Rich,I have a feeling there is some Mikey in all of us.After ten years of Cubs I have an Allis-Chalmers and am looking at a Case :lol:
Does the fact that I just bought a greenie 332 mean that I'm in the same sinking boat??? :lol:
Off brand is one thing but moldy wretched Green things is another :shock: :lol: :lol:

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

332 is a nice tractor....

cadetpwr

Post by cadetpwr »

Finaly got the the injector in todays mail, got it installed and after a few teething issues from sitting for years unused it settled down into a nice idle. Ran it for 30min at 1/2 power with the deck engaged then shut it down, changed oil and oil filter, then fired it back up and gave it a work out. It sounds good up to 3/4 throttle, then from there to full throttle it isnt happy, injection timing is to retarded. These dont have variable timing, just shims under the pump to control the timing. So tomorrow I will have to remove 1 or 2 shims to bump the timing up a degree or two. Just a bit of tinkering to get full power. Even at 3/4 throttle it mows without any issues. With the cool weather this weekend, we will see how she starts. I have some ideas for an intake heater, but need to solve the lack of battery charging first. I took it off the market, gonna try and find someone to fabricate me a framework to mount the hood to and a grill. Anybody near by that can fab and weld? Mike