Bad Luck Or Good Luck

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
chief
First and Last Name: Dave Bentz

Bad Luck Or Good Luck

Post by chief »

I think this Guy was very lucky

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Re: Bad Luck Or Good Luck

Post by vince_o »

Dave

Now wold be a good time to look at doing some up grades to the under side of that tractor, and change the operators shorts! :lol:
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Kyocum
First and Last Name: Kelly Yocum

Post by Kyocum »

Think I would have pushed the clutch in before that.
I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it.
Jonathan Winters

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

That usually happens so fast, you can't react quick enough to push the clutch in.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

dale campbell
First and Last Name: Dale Campbell

Post by dale campbell »

looks like he hooked up pretty high on the tractor

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

My dad did the same stupid stunt with a J... D... Model B pulling logs. It waled right over...he was able to jump off...Yes it does happen rather quickly....

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Post by bbaker »

My 782 looked nearly like that the other day when the rain washed the dirt our from under my enclosed trailer wheel and it was sitting on the axle. :) I stayed on the seat though. Hydros are so much better than clutches sometimes.
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

First and Last Name: Sam McCleary

Post by 9803412 »

dale campbell wrote:looks like he hooked up pretty high on the tractor
Ya Think? Always hook below the axle center line.

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Hey BB We just might get Chumlee to thinkin our way on the hydros///LOL

Yup He hooked too high on the tractor..I would have also hooked higher on the tree to make that the weaker area to remove it, and just bump pulled a couple times to loosen it's grip.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Post by bbaker »

yeah he's an idiot. Looks like he set and spun for some time before it finally bit and flipped....
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Tractors are an amazing and powerful tool when used correctly. Our smaller GT's are even more amazing for those that didn't grow up around tractors and they will do many things they were never intended to do which builds a self confidence in the operator because it looks so easy. Trust me on this, it often is very hard work, and a farmer EARNS very cent that they can wrestle away from government intrusion. Back to the Massey on its butt, this operator has probably pulled other trees with no problem or watched experienced people pull trees with a tractor and never suspected that this could be his last day on earth. Tractors do not think, that is our part of the equation. As Jim pointed out a few modifications to the process and that Massey would have done the job. Please don't be so proud that you don't ask for help, even experienced people can end up paralyzed and/or dead because of a split second mistake. I hope this person learns from the experience and hopefully we do too, THINK before operating...
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

wham
First and Last Name: Tim Ham

Post by wham »

That's why I always put the Landscape box on the 600 Ford we have, it acts sorta like a wheelie bar :roll: and if you hook to the tractor like you are supposed to you always have to go low on the hook up ! And you always need the box for "clean up" when doing a job like that.

Tim H.
Cub Cadets, Just Like Lays Potato Chips, no one can own Just One ! ! ! !
Originalx7, 70x2, 100x2, 71, 102, 72x2, 149, 169, 1450 two stick, 782, 782D, Z-Force (yaller fever )

tompepper
First and Last Name: Denny Engle (tompepper)

Post by tompepper »

those style fergesons and the ford N's had a nasty habit of doing that.there were more people killed on them than any other tractor.the hitch point is to high on them.I knew a guy that got killed trying to pull a pickup out of a snow bank with an 8N.he try to jerk it and it fliped back over and pinned him
If you're gonna be dumb.you'd better be tough!!!!