how are your trees changing may want to take a trip

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

how are your trees changing may want to take a trip

Post by rweaver »

our family may want to go on a fall trip here and we wanted to know how the trees are changing thanks for your help

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Re: how are your trees changing may want to take a trip

Post by J Hayes »

they've already started around here but too slow many loosing leaves too fast to get a good color variation. but that's over here in Geezer country.
I'd say a trip over the mountain would give you some nice pics

Try this, http://www.visitpa.com/trip-ideas/see-m ... index.aspx
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

You better look quick around here. I believe the weather guessers had predicted this coming weekend as the peak time for color, but these pictures taken in my backyard from the same spot and looking in 3 different directions don't show much. It appears we are going from a summer of an abnormal number of days above 90 degrees ,to winter, with very little fall, and the leaves are just turning brown and falling or falling while still green.We normally have 2-3 weeks or more of color, but don't think we will this year.
Attachments
MVC-675S.JPG
MVC-676S.JPG
MVC-677S.JPG
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

mlamar
First and Last Name: Mike LaMar

Post by mlamar »

I have the best of both worlds. I'll be taking a group of friends to Amish country here in Ohio Tuesday to look at the leaves and will make a stop at Lehman's Hardware. Check them out at http://www.lehman's.com "Authentic products that work for life". Great place to stop if ever in the Kidron Ohio Area (close to Wooster and Massillon Ohio). And to finish the trip we will stop for lunch at a great Amish restaurant. Life is good. And I get to call this a work day :D . I think the Lord made fall so beautiful to get us ready for the cold winters here up north.

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Post by Scott C. »

I think it was just too dry lately. The maples in my front yard and dropping dry leaves while just stating to turn.
But, the dogwood outside the window turned red overnight!
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Ray , with a good part of the midwest going through a drought , you may be hard pressed around here to find much pretty colors .
My maple trees and a few others started dropping leaves in mid september because of the lack of rain.
What leaves that are left on the trees are starting to turn now and should be at their peak within a week .
My work route takes me thru part of the Daniel Boone national forest , and usually the colors are striking , but this year I'll be interested to see if we have much color myself.
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Post by l palma »

The Wife and I took a drive yesterday to Hawley P.A. and the colors are great .Even here at home the trees are good in color,but some already lost their leaves

Doog M
First and Last Name: Doog Martin

Post by Doog M »

Ray
This picture was taken from Pine Creek area last Saturday. Some spots the leaves had more color.
With the frost we had the other morning. I would think this weekend would be good before the strong winds.
But I'm not sure how the foliage is further south.
Attachments
C IMG_1541.JPG

rweaver

Post by rweaver »

we are thinking of leaving on sat afternoon when Mary is done with a auction she wants to go to then we will head north and and return sometime monday there will be somebody here to take care of customers

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Darn Ray ...your leaving someone there to take care of customers .
I was gonna bring my truck and a big empty trailer... :lol:
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Most of the leaves here are down.The walnut leaves have been down for almost a month.

cbingaman
First and Last Name: Chad Bingaman

Post by cbingaman »

I had to go to Wellsboro this morning and between Williamsport and Steam Valley mountain on route 15 the leaves were absolutely BEAUTIFUL today. I think like Doog said this weekend will be perfect in that area for foliage viewing. I thought about taking a ride up that way tomorrow with the Misses and maybe stop at the Turkey Ranch for a bite to eat, but it doesnt look like its gonna happen at this point. Too many other irons in the fire this wekend.
Cub's of the farm currently: 4-Originals, 2-70's, 100, 122, 123, 124, 73, 106, 107, 126, 800, 782IH built, 982IHbuilt, 782D, 1572. Farmall Cub and Cub Lo-Boy and too many attatchments to think about.

rweaver

Post by rweaver »

well we went up to beaver springs to our friends house to drop a cub cadet dealer display off then over to sunbury then to newport then harrisburg then home the trees were nice over the mountain in beaver springs but alot were just like we were told a mix of done nice and green all in all a nice weekend even found some nos parts and 2 new brinly hitches