Hey Vince!

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
jchabot
First and Last Name: Jim Chabot

Hey Vince!

Post by jchabot »

Most high and esteemed equipment hauled. I need help.

My D4H broke down and I need to get it on a trailer. Would you know how to release the brake so that it can be towed onto the trailer?

I think that I lost the head gasket between a couple of cylinders. I can get it run enough to get the blade up, but it won't run enough to move it.
"a man that started in to carry a cat home by the tail was getting knowledge that was always going to be useful to him, and warn't ever going to grow dim or doubtful"

Samuel Clemmons

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Re: Hey Vince!

Post by vince_o »

Can you pull the axles out of the center of the diffs? Its messy but thats how we did the 939 and some of the track loaders.

Call me if you need help
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

jchabot

Post by jchabot »

Ya, that will work. I was hoping for a magic hidden lever, or a special hole to screw a bolt into or something.

Pulling the axles isn't all that bad though.
"a man that started in to carry a cat home by the tail was getting knowledge that was always going to be useful to him, and warn't ever going to grow dim or doubtful"

Samuel Clemmons

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Jim

Thats the only way I can thin of. Im guessing youll push it on with the 330. And Im not looking at where its broke down, but as I like to say they never break down in an empty Walmart parking lot! That would be too easy! The nice thing about having your big excovator around is you can drag the trailer right to the machine. But youll need it on the other end when you get it to your shop, thats the bummer!
-Andrew Jackson

jchabot

Post by jchabot »

Turned out easier than I thought. I got it to run enough to get the blade up and the axles came out real easy. Three bolt cover in the center of the finals and just pull em out. Didn't break down in a bad spot, I was grading a yard with it, sure glad I wasn't mucking out a pond!

Pulled it around with the 320, then my buddy showed up with the trailer and a D3 for me to borrow, so we pushed it on with the 3. Once we got it to his place we shoved it around with the 980.

Samuel Clemmons

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Jim
Good to hear. Most times you get gear oil all over your hands and pants, and we all know how that smells! Now we had a few 315's burn in a lake they were rebuilding the dam. They were hard jobs to get out.

Heres one that went to calf for a rebuild after it burned, a 314
Attachments
Picture 001.jpg
Picture 002.jpg
Picture 003.jpg
-Andrew Jackson

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

Hey Vince...
Should have called me...and I'd brought my H2500 over and lifted that toy onto the trailer for you...LOL...