Why is this website so dead???

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Re: Why is this website so dead???

Post by Jeff in Pa »

vince_o wrote:I agree with Ken, I dont want to see any site go down. Its no secreat that I dont care for across the street, or occ. That being saidthere isstill great people that are on those sites and why shouldI feal good ifthey are deprived of the site they like. I hope they get up and runningsoon.

I cant type to save my life!
http://www.iespell.com/ is a good, easy to install spell checker. It won't alter context or blatant grammar mistakes but corrects spelling. I use it myself to catch my "fat fingers" :lol:
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

PTWannaHave
First and Last Name: Ben Michaud

Post by PTWannaHave »

Hey all,

As a Newb, I read a lot more than I (can) contribute... I'm very grateful for the experienced who take the time to take pics, answer questions, and share 'not in the manual' insight. Without it, I would spend way more hours figuring than doing. (Figuring is not bad, but I do like to move forward by at least knowing which direction to take...)

As I do stuff, I share if I think it will help someone else. (viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4493 is a good example.)

I checked a few sites before deciding to join this one; still the only one I'm on. I couldn't care less if the numbers are down, but the quality high. Thanks to all who devote time to this website!

I plan and hope to become more active again by the end of Nov.

Bye for now,
PTWannaHave

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Post by bbaker »

bbaker wrote:Hey Mods... on one of the other forums I am on it has the last 10 posts and threads at the top of the page. It makes seeing what is going on a lot easier and you can just click on whatever topic is at the top. Can we add that here??
Guess not?? :oops:
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

Post by chzuck »

View new posts will get you whatever was posted since the last time you checked. Does that help?
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

bb,

Whats the other forum.... wondering if there running the same software or not.

dave
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Dave C wrote:bb,

Whats the other forum.... wondering if there running the same software or not.

dave
www.theprofilebrotherhood.com

It sure looks the same.
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

bb,

Yea they are running PHPBB just like us.... i did some searching and found a few mods that do just that.... some that show some other stats also... seems like it makes sense.... i saposse we can try it and if people like it we can keep it.

oh and really not sure why your asking mods about this sort of thing cause im the one that does all the web modifactaions!! lol
:beer:
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Dave C wrote:bb,

Yea they are running PHPBB just like us.... i did some searching and found a few mods that do just that.... some that show some other stats also... seems like it makes sense.... i saposse we can try it and if people like it we can keep it.

oh and really not sure why your asking mods about this sort of thing cause im the one that does all the web modifactaions!! lol
:beer:
OK Mod! :) You're all mods to me... I could be a mod too ya know... just sayin. I promise I'll be a good boy and only play with red tractors, and big blue ones.

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Yea dont ask me to do any of that stuff, I just sign up people, scared to do anything else LMAO!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

vince_o wrote:Yea dont ask me to do any of that stuff, I just sign up people, scared to do anything else LMAO!
Yeah... whoever's Idea it was to let Chumley be in charge of anything is questionable at best... :mrgreen:

ronniec
First and Last Name: Ronnie Chapman

Post by ronniec »

so im right lol this site really has slowed id really miss it if it was gone
just saying and im from the old registry and i play with mine all the time when they run sign this broke 782 broke 1650 sniff sniff so sad
have snow must plow

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

ok so Vinny did not miss me either I like most guys have been just busy and I seen the action was down so I went on and for a bit checked back but if we are going to bring this back I want to help so I will start posting here more when I can this place has meant abunch to me I have met so many nice people here I talked to Scott not that long ago and he was paying the way for this thing and he was planning to do so yet has anybody setup a fund to take care of the fees but as far as the old registry that was the good old days my thoughts are lets make this the good days now and we can I for one will try and help that boy I have not typed this much for awhile

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Ray - Great to see you posting! I was starting to worry if you were ok; I hope you are all healed up from your last adventure with the medical folk. I am going to try to visit you soon for some stuff. I also hope your wallet vacuum has gotten weaker!
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

Good to see you posting ray! glad we had another nice visit with you, as always! got the snowblower unloaded fairly easily, now to get it mounted in the next few weeks.

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

like I said I will be here now I can say this place I like better than any cub site I was on ever
Tom the wallet vac we tuned up since Steve left we did not hit him hard heheheheh

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Hey these tractors and this web site is like entertainment for me and we all know that dont come free. So maybe some who is incharge of financing this little show could throw out a suggested amount for each to contribute. Im sorry for taking and not giving just never really thought about it. :oops: Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

Just wanted to say, it's been nice seeing a few more people jumping in and posting! Seems like things are picking up a little and I hope it continues!!! It's nice when I click my "unread posts" link and find more and more being posted...

tweinke
First and Last Name: Todd Weinke

Post by tweinke »

Here are my thoughts on the site being dead, in my case my wife lost her job. She worked for a large highly respected health care provider from SE Mn who I no longer have any respect for. As a result we almost lost everything we have. We are just now getting back on our feet after three years of no extras. I think a lot of people have been through this type situation. I finialy feel like its ok to play with my cub or other passtimes with out feeling guilty for spending on things not needed. I too have noticed the slowdown in posts on this site, but also on other sites too. After seeing the #1 posts etc I could feel a sense of the "old days" at the registry. I may not have been or ever will be the biggest poster but the info I have gathered and posts replyed to have always given me the knoledge I needed. Even Chumly has helped me. Geezer seemed to have issues at times that were handled tounge and cheek (truck of illrepute I think it was) I know this is my favorite forum,belonged across the street untill the correct police bit me in the @$$. :beer:

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

I think it's picked up some in the last few months. I don't think it's like the old registry days, but maybe it is? It's hard to tell with a completely different forum setup.

I've been trying to post a little more often and I am back to playing with tractors some. not near like I used too but some...

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Man, it's just like the olden days.........The Mayor, Geezer, Paul B, Merk and Doog all posting :beer:
Good to see you guys back.....even if it's just for a little while

chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

Post by chzuck »

I agree, they and some others were the ones I looked forward to reading what they had to say. Those guys were the E F Hutton guys of the Cub world.
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow

JoeK
First and Last Name: Joey Koenen

Post by JoeK »

for me being totally new to this sight and cub cadets in general, i usually don't post unless I'm sure my question hasn't been asked a bunch of times. i got this set way in my head that if i ask something already asked im just bugging someone.

it seems like there are not many of you that own cyclopes mowers, or post about them from what i can see, and being that i only have one ( a 2086) I'm kinda shy about asking questions about it not sure if anyone fiddles with them to much. but if you want more members posting, i can do just that. i have lots to do and fix on my cub and i will need your help and suggestions. the one I'm dreading is my front axle is loose on the king pin. ill start a new topic for my problems.. :lol:
1772 - my new toy
2086- main mower at home
Super LT 1554- has it easy mowing the lake lot

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator

Post by Tom Scott »

Joey - Ask away! Post your Cyclops questions in the "CCC and MTD Built" section. You will find there are more of us than you think.

Cruise through the CCC section, and you will find a number of Cyclops posts. Also, the Cyclops are in many ways the same tractor as the 82 series (i.e., 782, 982) and 72 series (i.e., 1872, 2072). If you want to read one of my Cyclops soap operas, read my "Cinderella Story" over there.

Lots of knowledgeable people here, we just sometimes wait in the shadows for something worth talking about.

I am glad to see the increased activity of late. I have some things to post about later, just have to get time.
<><

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Joe, welcome!
I have a strong hunch if you ever received a RTFM on this site someone would be hunted down and beaten with said manual :lol:
Don't be bashful and ask away.

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

Joe,
Welcome aboard the board...
Ask any questions you want. I for one have 4 cyclops machines, along with a few others.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

It's been said beflore on this site "There's stupid questions but there may be some stupid answres". :beathorse:

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Post by Jlaws »

Why is this website so dead ?

I can sum it up in one word .......Facebook

I recently joined Facebook about 3 months ago ,( yeah I'm always a little behind the curve ) , and I was surprised at the CCC members that post cub cadet stuff almost daily on Facebook that never makes it to this site .

I've also found on Facebook , Cub Cadet owners only sites , as well as Cub Cadet only tractor and parts ( trading post type ) sellers sites on Facebook .

I know that this is the slow time of year for our hobby , but with all the recent new cub sites , posting on this site has really suffered .

Opinions ?
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Jlaws wrote:Why is this website so dead ?

I can sum it up in one word .......Facebook

I recently joined Facebook about 3 months ago ,( yeah I'm always a little behind the curve ) , and I was surprised at the CCC members that post cub cadet stuff almost daily on Facebook that never makes it to this site .

I've also found on Facebook , Cub Cadet owners only sites , as well as Cub Cadet only tractor and parts ( trading post type ) sellers sites on Facebook .

I know that this is the slow time of year for our hobby , but with all the recent new cub sites , posting on this site has really suffered .

Opinions ?
Agreed

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator

Post by Tom Scott »

I agree, but I and many people I know will never participate in Facebook. Just something about it that turns me off, and I don't need to think about it any more than that. I have some friends that have cancelled their Facebook.

Yeah, I wish we had more activity, but I still enjoy the posts we do get. I am not inclined to go anywhere else.
<><

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

"Ditto"