Van Sickle Paint

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Van Sickle Paint

Post by ksanders »

Does anyone have a gallon or quart of "Gloss International White" Van Sickle paint around? Not Gloss International Off-White or JI Case Power White, just "Gloss International White". I went to Orcheln Farm and Home today and they'd ordered the wrong color. Upon further investigation, they said there is no such color according to Van Sickle (I checked the website too). I just ordered some early summer and used this color for 5 years and can't be crazy? Well I can be, but not in this instance :lol:
Of course I threw the old gallon away when it was gone, so I can't reference it.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

chearn
First and Last Name: Carl Hearn

Re: Van Sickle Paint

Post by chearn »

I have some Van Sickle Gloss International White. Quart is 471 74. Gallon is 471 71. Aerosol can is 471 70. To me it appears to be an off white, but that may be me or what I am comparing it to. I am sure that the other whites I am comparing it to have faded, if it is possible for white to fade.
"Told her you were leaving - to go tractor pulling" - Unsmooth Moments!

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

That's just what I needed to know. The 471 code is now "Gloss International Off-White" when ordering and doesn't show up on their site anymore. Guess it's discontinued or something.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Trebor
First and Last Name: Robert Ganyard

Post by Trebor »

Kevin,

Is this what you are looking for?
Second column, second from the bottom.
http://www.vansicklepaint.com/tractor/vscolorcard.html
“May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far”.

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

No, this was just International White, not International "OFF" White. It was never quite as brown or dark as the off white if I remember right. I do remember picking up a can of off-white once by accident and it not matching several years back. I gave up and will paint my deck and IH rear blade with this since they are both waiting on paint.

chearn
First and Last Name: Carl Hearn

Post by chearn »

Not to add fuel to the fire, but I did some looking on Van Sickle's web site and found the following:

Custom Colors
Cub
Cub Cadet White #471
Cub Cadet Yellow #454
Harvester
Cream #CML-0007
Farmall White (International White) #471
Yellow #454
Yellow (483) #450
Miscellaneous
Federal Yellow #459

Stock Colors
Transport Yellow (Federal Yellow) #459
International Yellow #454
International Off-White #471

To me the Harvester Cream has a little more brown to it, but i realize that all colors shown are computer generated
and are only approximate representations of the actual paint colors.

It looks like if we use Van Sickle paint we have 3 choices for yellow and 2 choices for white. I guess it is time to paint some test panels and compare the colors!

The Custom colors can be found at http://www.vansicklepaint.com/tractor/v ... olors.html
"Told her you were leaving - to go tractor pulling" - Unsmooth Moments!