This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Kyocum
First and Last Name: Kelly Yocum

Post by Kyocum »

Cannot seem to a Avatar to load on the user profile. I am using VSO image resizer . I have tried resizing the pic to 120x120 pixels and keep getting the file size must be 0-6 KiB. What am I missing. As Vince calls it I have the Red Brick syndrome with computers. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Kelly
I couldn't wait for success, so I went ahead without it.
Jonathan Winters

rharris
First and Last Name: Rick Harris

Re: Avatar Help

Post by rharris »

I ran into the same issue. I ended up making my avatar smaller and smaller until I was under the 6k limit.
Building my Cub Cadet fleet....one bolt at a time.

mgonitzke
First and Last Name: Matt Gonitzke

Post by mgonitzke »

Is there any way in that program to adjust the quality of the saved image? I had the same problem with mine; it was too big after resizing. I had to change the quality to 70 to get the file size under 6KB, and my pic is pretty furry.

Moderators: Could that perhaps be changed to 8KB from 6KB? I'm thinking most people's 120x120px images would work correctly without further manipulation.
Original, 582 w/ 18 hp Kohler Command, 682 w/ Kwik-Way loader, 782, 782D, 1872 My Cub Site

Kyocum

Post by Kyocum »

Matt G. I have tried everything I can think of. I have had the pixels down to 35x35 and quality set at 50% and can not get the file size down below 9.2kb. Throwing the towel in. Admitting defeat. :evil: Set the pixels any lower and it looks like a dot on the screen.
Jonathan Winters

John T
First and Last Name: John Teller

Post by John T »

Done. I set it to 120x120 8192 bytes

Dave C
Web Developer
First and Last Name: David Chester

Post by Dave C »

I used microsoft picture editor and compressed a picture to "email" messages" size and then resized it to custom 120x120... gonna have to play around with a good image program.
Trying to save cubs... one at a time.......

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Post by Scott C. »

Irfanview is a great image program for stuff like that.
http://www.irfanview.com/
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

Tmo
First and Last Name: Terry Reed

Post by Tmo »

Scott C. wrote:Irfanview is a great image program for stuff like that.
http://www.irfanview.com/
Irfanview is great - I have been using it for years. None better as far as I'm concern, and it's free. Now I just wish I could find something for my Mac at home that's as good as Irfanview.

Kyocum

Post by Kyocum »

Still in a bind here. Can not get a picture below 9kb. I use Picassa3 and also have VSO image re sizer and they are not cooperating. I will try the infranview program this weekend. Does anybody know if I delete Picassa3 will my pics be gone also. The wife would probably bury me out back in the woods if I lost all the pics.
Jonathan Winters

Willy
First and Last Name: Ray Williams

Post by Willy »

Kelly,
If you email the image to williams.ray@gmail.com I will shrink it for you and send it back if you like. I just did mine and it only took a few seconds to do.

-Ray
Kyocum wrote:Still in a bind here. Can not get a picture below 9kb. I use Picassa3 and also have VSO image re sizer and they are not cooperating. I will try the infranview program this weekend. Does anybody know if I delete Picassa3 will my pics be gone also. The wife would probably bury me out back in the woods if I lost all the pics.

John T
First and Last Name: John Teller

Post by John T »

Export/backup your pictures to a bunch of CDs or an external drive before you delete it. You should do that anyhow, think disk crash!

tompepper
First and Last Name: Denny Engle (tompepper)

Post by tompepper »

Hey forgive the JD hat in my avatar.thats my oil changin and greasin hat.don't wanna get my IH hat dirty.I picked it cause my grandkidz seez it looks like pawpa.lol.take that speel check
If you're gonna be dumb.you'd better be tough!!!!

Kyocum

Post by Kyocum »

Thanks for all the help guys. I have my avatar re sized in photobucket now to figure out how to get it back to my pictures and I think I will be set. Ever tell ya me and confusers do not play very well together.
Jonathan Winters

Kyocum

Post by Kyocum »

Avatar is a success. Had to have my sis in Pittsburgh walk me through it. Can you say computer dumb. :oops:
Jonathan Winters

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

I can get the pixels down on pictures using photoshop, but the kilobytes are still around 17 or so (8 being the maximum allowed). They don't teach you the important stuff in computer courses :lol:
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

I just made an avatar of my 122 & 125 using "Viewing Booth" that came with my Lexmark X83 printer. I even downloaded the printer file just to use the viewing booth on my laptop :lol:

HERE are the drivers ( software ) for the Lexmark X83 printer right from the Lexmark website ( if you wish to use it )

I cut it down to 120 wide and saved it as "medium" picture quality.

Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

mgonitzke
First and Last Name: Matt Gonitzke

Post by mgonitzke »

Kevin, try to find a setting for the quality. I use GIMP, and when you save it as a jpg, it gives you a slider bar for quality. I think I had to use 70 to get it small enough. My camera outputs at 91, so that makes for too large of an image.
Original, 582 w/ 18 hp Kohler Command, 682 w/ Kwik-Way loader, 782, 782D, 1872 My Cub Site

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

Getting closer trying to mess with the quality and size both. Almost there, it's just tiny. I'm humored by it, but think I know what to do now.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

ksanders wrote:Getting closer trying to mess with the quality and size both. Almost there, it's just tiny. I'm humored by it, but think I know what to do now.
I just used this as my avatar and it works :D ( I will change back to mine now )

Save it to "my pictures" on your computer so you can load into your settings.

Glad I could help
Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

ksanders

Post by ksanders »

That's perfect!!! :D Thanks a bunch. Funny thing is, I've taken 3 computer courses in college in the past, got 2 A's and an A+, and I couldn't get a picture resized right. :lol: