Oil filter ID

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Oil filter ID

Post by BigMike »

I have an oil flter I am trying to find out what it fits.Try as I might on line I could not cross the number.....any help here?
12 050 01 is the number.

chearn
First and Last Name: Carl Hearn

Re: Oil filter ID

Post by chearn »

I just googled the part number and it says Kohler, one listing says ch18, another says Fits 17HP - 26HP Kohler Command series engine models CV and CH
"Told her you were leaving - to go tractor pulling" - Unsmooth Moments!

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Kohler has only used 2 oil filters over the years tall (Pn 52-050-02) and short (Pn 12 050 01) The filter is the same both in thread and micron rating they will interchange provided that there is no clearance issues with engine shrouds or side panels from the tractor etc. Some engines had the filter recessed some had remotes some where in tight spaces some where under the carb etc. thus two sizes of filters. FYI these filters are the same as 2 briggs filters again short and tall they too will interchange and will also interchange with the Kohler ones of the same size. oh and FYI all Kawasaki oil filters are the same PN ......

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

Thanks guys.