Baker farm got a BIG Upgrade this week.

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Baker farm got a BIG Upgrade this week.

Post by bbaker »

After months of work, and saving, etc Baker farm got a BIG Upgrade this week in the form of a new to me New Holland TV 140 Bi-Directional tractor. I aimed to get a photo with it and it's little brother the TC-45D but forgot when I was up there today. I brought it home Tuesday but it was dark when I got to the farm so I couldn't get pictures then. I have wanted one of these tractors for years and I finally found one. It needs a few little things and is fresh off the farm. I used it today and it runs great, and works like it should and with a little TLC I hope will last a long long long time.
Attachments
NH TV 140.jpeg
NH TV 140.jpeg (1019.93 KiB) Viewed 15873 times
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

bbaker

Re: Baker farm got a BIG Upgrade this week.

Post by bbaker »

It came with a set of forks, and a huge bucket. I got lots of projects for it, that my other tractor just wasn't big enough for. I'll try and upload pics as I go.
Attachments
NH TV140 2.jpeg
NH TV140 2.jpeg (167.83 KiB) Viewed 15873 times
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

mikeyb
First and Last Name: Michael Bobbitt

Post by mikeyb »

Congrats on the new addition BB! Looks like a keeper!

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

Wow, that's a really cool tractor, I've never seen one of those before! Looks like it should do plenty of work for you on the farm!

Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

Post by Paulf »

That's a nice looking tractor, Bryan. However, it would look better in red. And looks like the front end loader is on the wrong end. LOL Enjoy it.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Paulf wrote:That's a nice looking tractor, Bryan. However, it would look better in red. And looks like the front end loader is on the wrong end. LOL Enjoy it.
I've really turned into the New Holland fan. MY TC45D I bought a few years ago when I went looking for a Green tractor and found the NH. I'd like to have a big red tractor and maybe some day I will, but they don't make anything like that Bi-Directional tractor.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

And you do know New Holland now owns Case IH right? jus sayin.... :shock: :mrgreen:

Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

Post by Paulf »

A friend and farmer that lives about a mile and a half from me was also looking for a Green tractor and came home with a New Holland. I've worked with him a couple of times and it's a really nice tractor. It has a front end loader. He couldn't get the options on the Green tractor that he got on the New Holland. I don't know the number of the tractor but everything on it does face the "right" way!!!

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

My dad actually has a NH TN55 (I think that's the right model #). Very nice and versatile tractor. He primarily uses it for baling hay, running a bush hog mower and plowing snow. He bought it used and was quite a bit better pricewise than a comparable green tractor. It's been working quite well for him for probably 6-7 years now.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

stevet wrote: He bought it used and was quite a bit better pricewise than a comparable green tractor. It's been working quite well for him for probably 6-7 years now.
That's almost exactly my story. Local dealers have been good to for what I needed, and overall I've been very pleased with the NH tractor. I hope this big tractor is much the same story. I'm the third owner of it. The farmer I bought it off of got it from a dealer when it came back from being a lease tractor at a nursery. He's owned the last few years, and planned to use it in his fencing business but it was just to big for him. He also has the smaller and slightly older 9030 Bi-Directional tractor that he is keeping.

He's going to replace this tractor with a tracked Skid Steer and is hopeful it will be more maneuverable etc.

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Ah Man that is sweet ! I have never seen anything like that. What do u do raise the loader for attachments ? I have always been a ford man for construction toys , then they were bought out or merged with NH. I now have a NH backhoe. It was made over seas somewhere i forget but is a great machine. Mine seems to b idling a couple hundred over where i think it should b and i need to have a service tech come out to adjust with a....... lap top. :x crazy. Good luck with it. Dave
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Supposedly the loader is pretty easy to take off and put back on.

You could get a 3pt and PTO for the engine end as well. I would like to see about getting a 3pt on the engine end but I doubt I would ever need a pto back there.

I thought about just getting a conventional tractor with a loader and I looked at several. For loader work, which is what 90% of this tractor's life will be this style in my opinion anyway is ideal. You sit over top the bucket and can see it. A conventional tractor you don't get to see what you are doing nearly as easily.

The downside it to use it like a real tractor with the 3pt and pto the loader has to come off or be raised all the way up which really isn't that safe. The farmer has been seen raking hay with it though with the loader up as his hay rake used the pto. It has a draw bar on the engine end so you can pull stuff with it.

SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Post by SWilliams »

They need to make that in a smaller version. Three point on both ends. Then hook a big blower on one end and a blade on the other. Make snow removal EASY.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

SWilliams wrote:They need to make that in a smaller version. Three point on both ends. Then hook a big blower on one end and a blade on the other. Make snow removal EASY.
You can get a big snow blower for it..... :shock:

dag1450

Post by dag1450 »

I knew mine was made somewhere funny :x
IMG_0041.JPG
IMG_0041.JPG (1.25 MiB) Viewed 15790 times

tompepper
First and Last Name: Denny Engle (tompepper)

Post by tompepper »

Keep Vince away from it.tell him lookie but no touchie.It will never be right again if he does. :beer: :o
If you're gonna be dumb.you'd better be tough!!!!

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Denny, Vince lives a long way away, and although I have been to visit him twice he has yet to come visit me... I'd even buy the waffle house dinner.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

O where O where has Vince O been? I hope Vince is ok, he hasn't posted in awhile.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Getting wood :-)
Attachments
20131214_125535.jpg
20131214_125535.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 15681 times

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Post by VScott »

UHHHHHH......
Attachments
wood.jpg
wood.jpg (9.88 KiB) Viewed 15672 times

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

For the record I hate cutting wood in the snow, all you ever end up is wet and cold...

I have come to the realization that I am going to have to make some passage ways on the farm bigger as they were made for much smaller tractors in mind. I don't think my grandfather nor my father ever imagined there would be a tractor this size on the place so all the roadways through the woods etc are going to have to get widened.

That's all OK though as there are a lot of jobs already lined up for this piece of equipment and in due time I hope I can get them accomplished.

all that being said though having a cab with heat is pretty nice. I've never had that before, and getting in out of the cold or driving across the field and the wind not cutting through your face like a knife is pretty nice! :)

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Keep it away from me, I already dont know if Im coming or going!

Nice tractor BB
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

dag1450

Post by dag1450 »

Cabs r great, the only thing u have to watch is not to bring in snow on your boots or coat or your windows can fog up. Looks fun !

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

Yowzer !! That is sweet. :beer:
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

The tractor or the stud muffin sitting on the loader arm? :lol:

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

jpackard56 wrote:Yowzer !! That is sweet. :beer:
Thank you. As I mentioned in my first post I have wanted one of these tractors for a long time. Ever since I was a kid in fact. A neighbor farmer had the smaller older version the Ford 276 back then that I used some when I worked for him. I loved that tractor, but sadly he sold it years ago. It was about 3/4 the size of this one, which honestly would of been better for most things, but I'll get used to the size of this.

These are made by Versitile for New Holland at the Versitile plant in Canada.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

My buddy Bryan (neighbor just down the road) and I cut a little wood Christmas eve. It was bitter cold (17) and the little New Holland gelled the fuel up as mom had poured five gallons of untreated fuel in it. Not a big deal with an air hose and fuel treatment, and she ran the rest of the day without issue.

That may not look like much firewood, but once it's all cut into 12" pieces and then split it makes quite a bit of wood!

Bryan was the neighbor kid who is a year younger than me. His dad was a pretty bad alcoholic so he spent a lot of time at the farm and actually called my father "dad". Bryan and I have always been friends, and we did lots of things together growing up. I just never realized how much my dad meant to him until just this past year after my father's passing. Apparently dad learned him several things, and has corrupted him for life! :) Bryan restores old farm tractors in his spare time and has a love for equipment that he wouldn't of gotten without spending way too much time at the farm.

I tell you all this to explain why he just had to be in the picture! :)
Attachments
20131224_151159.jpg
20131224_151159.jpg (485.36 KiB) Viewed 15595 times

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

That's great to hear your Dad was a good influence on Bryan 8-)
Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Cut wood again Saturday it was cold snowing and wind blowing. Sure makes me appreciate a heated cab!

I also learned an important lesson. When on frozen ground, with about 5" of snow on top, and on a hillside, articulated tractors can slide sideways about 20 ft pretty quickly which isn't near as much fun as it sounds! :shock:

Edited as my phone posted the picture sideways.... sometimes smart phones aren't all that smart!
Attachments
20140125_123423[1].jpg
20140125_123423[1].jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 15538 times
Last edited by bbaker on Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

BigMike
First and Last Name: Mike Andrews

Post by BigMike »

BB, sounds like the farm needs an outside boiler that burns stumps......get a bed of coals goin and plop a big ole knarly stump in there and let it chew away at it for a couple of days.
So when are we goinna start calling you BB,Gentleman Farmer?