Fuel Question ??

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Fuel Question ??

Post by J Hayes »

I am soooo confused now :?
Most, Buy and Fly, Get & Go, Honey Bear, Sheets that I have patronized have a certain percentage of Ethanol.

I see some parts are not compatible with either E-20 or E-85 I haven't checked in a long time of Name brand stations to see if they are Ethanol free.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Re: Fuel Question ??

Post by vince_o »

Jim

DONT run E85

do a google serch for ethonal free gas and theres a site that comes up you put your zip in and it will give you the stations that are pure gas.
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

vince_o wrote:Jim

DONT run E85

do a google serch for ethonal free gas and theres a site that comes up you put your zip in and it will give you the stations that are pure gas.
http://www.buyrealgas.com/

That's the one

Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

Racenitro
First and Last Name: Frank S. Morski

Post by Racenitro »

Caution...
I would suspect that most of the sellers of non-ethanol fuels are selling "Racing" gasoline. I highly recommend NOT buying "Racing" gasoline from a pump. THe fuel is stored in underground tanks and is vented to the atmosphere. You will pay a super premium price and get marginal fuel in return.
Racing Gasoline will tend to loose a large amount of the components that give it the higher octane rating. THis evaporates rather quickly.

If you want to see the good part of gasoline disappear, hold up a cup of fuel to the sunlight and watch the waves flow out of the fuel into the atmosphere. This is your octane going up in SMOKE!

Ethanol laced gasoline has a VERY short shelf life. It will absorb water very rapibly and will also coagulate in short periods of time.

If you want to store ethanol laced fuel for any period of time store it in a Steel Container that is tightly sealed and try and keep it around 70 degrees.
Do not store it in the red plastic jugs as they allow the fuel to breathe through the container. The containers are made from much of the same components as the gasoline is.

Alcohols are a good solvent and also tend to disolve unwanted stuff into the fuel.

I used to woke closely with the chemist for VP fuels when I ran the fuel program for NHRA. I learned a lot about the handling of fuels and many dos and don't.

Duane and one of the owners of VP educated me on a lot of situations regarding fuels, not just gasoline, but also alcohol and nitromethane.

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

That"s ridicules closest one to me is 200 mile away 3 hr 42 min and the only reason I'd be headed that way is to go to Ray's place or my Brother in Laws :lol: :lol:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... b6c64d4194

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

I think thats a good reason to come here to gas oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh and to get some gas we can also make your wallet a little lighter in the proccess ya know help the economy spread the wealth

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

:lol: spread the wealth now thats Rich! :lol:

Frank if your reading I had to stand in line today to get my racing fuel. Seems every thursday night they drag race at the Greer Drag way and well everyone was there getting fuel. I talked to the lady at the fuel station and she said they get a tuck every fri or sat in the summer to fill the tank. So i feel good that there is a good turn over in the fuel there. I also talked to the guys at the pumps and they said its about 9.50 to 10.00 a gal at the track. Only 2 places left in Greenville to buy it. There were alot of cars on trailers along with street cars, remember we have no inspection here so you can run about anything on the road.
-Andrew Jackson

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

rweaver wrote:I think thats a good reason to come here to gas oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh and to get some gas we can also make your wallet a little lighter in the proccess ya know help the economy spread the wealth
LOL Ray if I had yer money I'd need a trailer to just haul my wallet--- LOL
Besides I'd probably have to bring the doughnuts or is that at Geezers, That's right Olive Garden Is your Lil special place.

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

I'd say the writing is on the wall. If there are any stations left that sell gas without ethanol, they won't be for much longer.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

Racenitro

Post by Racenitro »

Vinnie...

You probably are getting decent fuel. Do store it in a steel can if possible and seal it tight. It will last a long time that way. I have some C-25 that I have stored for 7 years...it still is good. Stored in sealed steel can and in temp controlled garage.

I wish my Gas Chromatograph was not down or I would run a GC Graph on it and compare it with the GC Graph of the fuel when I put it in the can in 2003.

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Post by ReicheP »

How much longer is gas with ethanol use able with Stabil?
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

Racenitro

Post by Racenitro »

Stabil does not remove the ethanol so it will still attract water. May last a little longer but have not had much luck with it. I have not run sample with stabil in them so not sure exactly how much the ethanol is reduced.

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Frank I buy 2 gal at a time, and I have the large tank on my 106
-Andrew Jackson

Racenitro

Post by Racenitro »

Vince..
Keep the unused fuel in a Steel Container and seal it tightly. Keep in cool place and it will stay fresh longer.