LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE(GEEZER STORY)

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
wdeturck

LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE(GEEZER STORY)

Post by wdeturck »

I ended up with a five gallon gas can with about 2 gallons of unknown liquid in it. I wanted to make sure it was GAS. I took it outside to a grassy(weeds) area and dumped a little on the ground and lit. WHOOM it's gas and I watch it burn out but it's burning the dry grass but not going out so I start stomping on it out. I feel heat on the back of my legs? so I think my shoes are on fire but I don't see any fire? I start feeling my pants legs and my overalls are smoldering and nothing around to wrap around and I have my water to the garage shut off. I got one shoe off but my pants have burnt up to my calves. I sit on the ground and get my other shoe off which is now burning and get the overalls off which are still smoldering(had to take them into the laundry and wet them down). I didn't go to the hospital but had a large blister on my left ankle and a burn on the left heel and on my right ankle and heel had burns and a large burn on my right calf. My overalls were tattered at the rear and just started smoldering. Luckily I had some good socks on that didn't burn and the burns are now healing. This was 2 weeks ago and I went to the VA hospital and got a boot for my left ankle as that is rubbing and needs help healing.

I worked in a welding shop for 25 years and never seen any of my clothes or shoes smolder like the crap from China I was wearing two Sundays ago. Be careful around flames.

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Re: LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE(GEEZER STORY)

Post by ReicheP »

Gee whiz Geezer you sure know how to have fun!
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Re: LIAR, LIAR PANTS ON FIRE(GEEZER STORY)

Post by Jlaws »

Gee Geezer , be careful , your not a spring chicken anymore .
After hearing some of your stories over the years , how'd you live this long ?? LOL

I must admit it sounds like something I'd do , and I won't tell you about the time I almost burnt my garage down when one of my cubs caught fire. :o
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .