How are we doing?

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

How are we doing?

Post by Scott C. »

How is the forum doing so far?
We still need you input and opinions on the site. No improvement is too small if you have to look at it every day!
Thanks.
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Re: How are we doing?

Post by J Hayes »

I don't know if it is only on my end or not But I have to log in every day by scrolling to bottom of board index page. could that area be put up beside search box or somewhere on top ?

I found it the easiest just to go directly to "Active Topics" and all the board index is shown.

I believe we are all anxious to see the new Logo then do a poll on border .

We need some smileys with hands -- can't give proper gestures sometimes , but be careful---- LOL

Other than that We have come a long way !! I can't thank all involved enough--- Good job !!
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

I think it's all going well. I still liked the old set-up, but have adapted pretty well to navigating through the new forum style and don't even think of it much anymore.

I agree on the smileys. I even considered suggesting a "thumbs up" one, but just haven't yet. It seems to always be needed here.

I can just stay logged in everytime I enter the site. Just check a box when you log in while trying to reply to something before you're logged in.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

jglass
First and Last Name: John K. Glass

Post by jglass »

I like the( first unread post) on upper right top, it saves a lot of scrolling. Keep up the good work.
John Glass :D :D :D

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

J Hayes wrote:I don't know if it is only on my end or not But I have to log in every day by scrolling to bottom of board index page. could that area be put up beside search box or somewhere on top ?
Never mind, had a fellow make a house call today and fixed my problem I think. will know tomorrow.
Won't tell ya his name ,but was driving the new "House of ill Repute" :mrgreen:

And showed me a different way to navigate without the use of a GPS.

And we had a nice visit, hope he comes back some day just fer Coffee the pots always on. :D

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

I dont want to rock the boat, but I like the old set up better too.

Hey but I like this too! Just seems we dont have as many people posting.

On another note still aint crossing the yellow line to the dark side :twisted:

Or would it be the crazy side :?

Or would it be the geek squad :ugeek:

Oh Im just bad :evil:

Have a good day!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

I like this format better ( individual threads ) much better than a single running section. Makes it much easier to find replies to the topics that interest you.

To "borrow" from another forum, what do you think of adding your ebay name under your forum name/location? That way if you came across something that you'd like to purchase and recognize the name, you know who you'd be buying from.

Thanks
I really enjoy this forum
Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

rweaver
First and Last Name: Ray Weaver

Post by rweaver »

Scott I like this the way it is just need more time to spend on it is all

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Scott - I love having all the guys back. I lurk more than I post, but follow most of the adventures...

But... Are we always going to be so disconnected from all of the old forum content? We lost a great deal of manuals, Cub Service Bulletins etc. Is there ever going to be a connection back to the missing info, or is it gone for good? And, even if it is gone for good, we need a way to send in and have pdf files posted. I saved some of the old forum's pdf files, and I am sure many others did as well. I appreciate the gallery you have created, but it doesn't seem as easy to use as the pdf's, and we are still missing alot, especially from 82 series and Cyclops era. If we had a way to send in pdf files, I'll bet we would get most of it back.

So...While I am very appreciative of what we have gotten back, I think a pdf library is going to be the next big improvement. If there is any way to replace the library we had, it would be very helpful. In particular, the service bulletins and manuals are very important. I have learned much from them that would have been a mystery otherwise.

Also, also...Where is Mark Bowersox? I would hate to think we lost him...he seemed like a keeper!

Oh, well, back to my bourbon...

Keep up the good work! Thanks, Tom
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

I'm glad the general consensus is we're headed the right direction.

As of now, we are stuck with the gallery as it is, it will not accept PDF files.
We will get all of the old stuff back up and then some. I have a lot of stuff uploaded that we did not have before.

We are thinking of some other features as well.
We'll have to earn being the best on the web again.

OhioBinder
First and Last Name: David Gregg

Post by OhioBinder »

I guilty of being more of (OK mostly ) a lurker on this new forum as well as the old forum. I do post once in awhile.
Although the old forum seemed easier it's major disadvantage was things got lost in the shuffel. If you didn't check in for a day or two you might have to go back thru several archieves and try to sort out your topic of interest from several discusions going on at once. I think some got lost in the suffle. If they posted a question in the middle of an ongoing major discusion it probably got shoved to the archieves and never addressed. On slow days this wasn't a problem.

The new forum while looking and seeming much more complicated and involved is really rather simple after you use it a few times. The new post indicators really help and I can see at a glance if there are new posts to old thread or new threads that might interest me.

It's like anything else, you have to teach the old farts new tricks and we don't like to change our habbits.
I see the manual sections are slowly comming back. That was a section that I used a lot and has been very helpful in the past.

Maybe in the future a spell check for us with 10 thumbs and can't spell in the first place would be nice but then we would still have to use it.

Maybe get rid of the save button as I seem to hit it rather than the submit and then have to find it to post it. Of course maybe this is designed as a learning tool for use commputer stupid people.

Thanks to all of you involved in creating and maintaining this site.

David
David Gregg
NW oIHo

albie
First and Last Name: Albie Breidenbaugh

Post by albie »

I am like the majority i liked the old way but have come around to this as time has gone on, as for log in i just checked the box log me in each time i visit and i found it easy to keep track of the new stuff by clicking read unread posts, it lines up everything i have not read. keep up the good work
105 147 1650 382 782D

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

David,
I use Firefox for my web browser, have for years.
http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/personal.html
It has a built in spell check that underlines misspelled words and a right click gives you correct options along with being able to add a word to its dictionary so it doesn't keep telling you it is spelled wrong, such as cubcadetcollectors.

IE, I am not as familiar with anymore. I looked briefly for a spell check option but didn't find one. Maybe someone else can chime in here.

I know that Google Chrome also has the spell check built in.

This is Firefox
capture_29102010_075103.jpg
capture_29102010_075039.jpg

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

If you notice, I added some options for posting in the toolbar of the text editor.
You can center and pick a couple different fonts now.

chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

Post by chzuck »

I think the new forum is fine. I appreciate all the work that is being done!!
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

Scott,
I like it.

J Hayes,
Keep donuts on hand and that "guy" will come back..........
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

OK, I got the logo up but lost the color fade from top to bottom on the header color.

I spoke with John this morning and we are going to try and set up galleries for our members.
This would be a place for each member to post permanent pictures of their cubs, projects, shops, whatever (cub related), linked from your profile to the album. We'll keep you informed.

Also, keep in mind you can always click on the forum logo to get back to the main page from anywhere on the site.

red82s
First and Last Name: Adrian Gitch

Post by red82s »

I think the logo looks great and that's a great idea about the galleries.
Adrian

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

I think it's great Scott ! I like the extra features you put on it too !!

Paul I wasn't thinking !! :shock: maybe that is why he left. :oops:
I didn't have any doughnuts. :cry:

Don T
First and Last Name: Donald Tanner

Post by Don T »

vince_o wrote:I dont want to rock the boat, but I like the old set up better too.

Hey but I like this too! Just seems we dont have as many people posting.

Have a good day!
I feel bad for you, I like Cub cadet tractors and look to where someone does not have to beat another site (just because). I remember where a lot of info came from for the old REG and have yet to see it back.I do hope this site gets back to having the manuals it had before.there were some great info on our addiction there for all to enjoy. There I just had to . Have a great day all

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Don T wrote:
vince_o wrote:I dont want to rock the boat, but I like the old set up better too.

Have a good day!
I feel bad for you, I like Cub cadet tractors and look to where someone does not have to beat another site (just because). I remember where a lot of info came from for the old REG and have yet to see it back.I do hope this site gets back to having the manuals it had before.there were some great info on our addiction there for all to enjoy. There I just had to . Have a great day all
You forget who he is ? He Speaks and writes in Vinconeese .This guy is our Chumlee LOL in his statement about crossing the yellow line is to the dear side I believe he knows better because a couple parts for one of those can buy a whole Cub. not that they are worth more.
You can access some of the lost info here still under construction.

http://www.cubcadetcollectors.com/manuals/main.php

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Scott

You can tell me to use spell check, Im a big boy I can handle it.

Don, like the email I just sent you

And lifes too short and this is just a hobby for me. I dont eat sleep drink, well I drink a little, cub cadet. I do belive that they are the best built, and yes I was cought on a 430 this weekend. Nice machine, if I ever buy another deere it will be one of those. But I dont think I could aford one.
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Scott C.

Post by Scott C. »

Vince,
would I tell a lepard to change its spots :?:

Don't forget folks, if you have a suggestion, put it on the suggestion topic, it's gonna stay there for quite some time till we get the place where we want it.

Manuals, we're getting there. For those of you around in the early years, the manual and brochure CD I had mailed to members is loaded in the gallery and a good portion of the next two Manual and Brochure sections of the IH#1 and Plow Day CD are there.
We need to start working on some of the bulletins and documents from IH along with the tutorials and how to info.

Keep checking in, right now there's more than 2800 pages of information there.