Farewell to a great dealer

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

Farewell to a great dealer

Post by SWilliams »

Lost one of the largest CC dealers in NY state a couple months ago. Springfield Tractor closed down. Going to miss having a top notch dealer 5 minutes away.
The owner had a couple major personal health and family setbacks and he decided that it was time to step away. The strange thing was that none of the crew bought the place. It was doing a thriving business right up to closing day. I thought about it myself but the asking price was more than I could handle.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

Oldskull
First and Last Name: Gilles Desroches

Re: Farewell to a great dealer

Post by Oldskull »

The employees of this dealer don't purchase that business because they are afraid to loose everything in a sinking ship. Yanmar is divorced from MTD, all yellow and black one are old stock. MTD kill Cub Cadet reputation. To survive the old IH dealer I do business with is selling Husqvarna Lawn mower equipment and Kubota SCUT! (http://www.dragoonsfarmequipment.com/index.htm)

I don't know if the new Enduro series can bring back some glory to the Cub Cadet name but I doubt a Kawa engine can be enough to fool people again... They are not worse than what others offer but they are not better either....