Agri-Fab or Brinly ?? ( opinions please )

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Re: Agri-Fab or Brinly ?? ( opinions please )

Post by Jlaws »

Tom , Nice job ! :thumbsup:
I'm going to have to look at my side panels to see if they are beginning to wear . I like you side panel bracket upgrade . My box blade is almost a permant fixture on the back of my 782 loader cub . It makes a nice counterweight for the loader bucket and I use it all the time .
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Yea....it looks ok. I know how expensive those box blades can be. Im not cheap or anything but don't u think a 6x6 timber with a piece of chain hooking it to the tractor would b good enough. Or how about attaching a couple pieces of angle iron to....say ....the bottom of your 3 point carry all. I think that would work just fine. I feel kinda left out now that everyone is getting these box blades...and doing all this excavating. Maybe I will start looking for one. :cry:
Although I do have a couple extra sheets of 3/4 plywood layin around :idea:
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

So.....I found a 12 footer! One pass and I will b done! :P
00606_4vdjkW1BJz1_600x450.jpg
00606_4vdjkW1BJz1_600x450.jpg (50.47 KiB) Viewed 2812 times
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

We had a question in another thread about box blades and how they do on our Cubs for driveway work, so I figured I'd revive this topic with a post.

As an update, I again worked my neighbors driveway last fall. This time the ground had been hard and dry for awhile and was much harder to penetrate with the scarifiers. I added a bit more weight, but I could tell I was at the limit of what the Brinly was going to take, even in modified form.

After repeated passes, I finally got it broken up enough mitigate the potholes. If you don't break it up enough around the low areas, they just come right back. The lesson here was to time the driveway work to happen while the ground has some moisture.

Also, I again briefly tried angling the blade with the side plates on, but was stressing them too much. I will only angle the blade in very loose stuff or with the side plates removed in the future.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

mfowler
First and Last Name: Michael Fowler

Post by mfowler »

OK, Thanks for this thread. It answers most of my questions---so the Cub with a Brinly can be used to maintain a gravel road. Good news.

Any feeling on whether the Sleeve hitch or the 3 point is better? More control? More durable?

I have a 127 and a 782. The 782 is a hydro lift, but aluminum rear, while the 127 is manual lift but cast iron rear. Is there a preference?