Could be a cousin.........

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Could be a cousin.........

Post by Paul B »

I have been around Cub Cadets (mostly IH built) for a number of years, and have owned more than I can remember, from a prototype, to a test unit,to a pre production model, to at least one of most of the production models, to CCC built z-turn, to one of the current XT3 CS model tractors. The last two I didn't like, so-o-o-o, this came home with me. Keep in mind that Cub Cadets were/are painted yellow/white or red/white. If you mix yellow and red together, you get orange. Add in some white and you get a lighter shade of white. So, since this is orange, it must be related to CC's (at least in function), and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Actually, size wise it is more suited to my smaller city lot with it's 42" deck, and is more comfortable for my 3/4 century bones.
Attachments
MVC-484S.JPG
MVC-484S.JPG (39.07 KiB) Viewed 6264 times
MVC-485S.JPG
MVC-485S.JPG (39.92 KiB) Viewed 6264 times
MVC-486S.JPG
MVC-486S.JPG (37.49 KiB) Viewed 6264 times
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

TWheaton
First and Last Name: Tim Wheaton

Re: Could be a cousin.........

Post by TWheaton »

HaHa, that's pretty creative. It's a cousin if you want it to be a cousin. Let us know how you like it.
Tim

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Post by VScott »

And some Cub Cadets did have the Kubota engine...you might be onto something there.

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

Well, my local Cub dealer also sells Kubotas, so maybe there's some kind of cousin thing we didn't know about after all.....sure, we'll go with it!!!!

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Post by jpackard56 »

If Paul says it's a cousin that's good enough for me :notworthy:
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Post by bbaker »

Paul B wrote:I have been around Cub Cadets (mostly IH built) for a number of years, and have owned more than I can remember, from a prototype, to a test unit,to a pre production model, to at least one of most of the production models, to CCC built z-turn, to one of the current XT3 CS model tractors. The last two I didn't like, so-o-o-o, this came home with me. Keep in mind that Cub Cadets were/are painted yellow/white or red/white. If you mix yellow and red together, you get orange. Add in some white and you get a lighter shade of white. So, since this is orange, it must be related to CC's (at least in function), and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Actually, size wise it is more suited to my smaller city lot with it's 42" deck, and is more comfortable for my 3/4 century bones.
Paul you know I love ya, but I'm calling BS on this cousin business! :)

It's ok though we all know you're a die hard Cub fan! :)
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

Paul B

Post by Paul B »

BB
My New College Edition of The American Heritage Dictionary of The English Language includes in the definition of the word cousin "A member of a kindred group or country........" . In my opinion the kindred group is grass cutting machines. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. :lol:

Vinny,
This Kubota has a 23 1/2 hp "Cow-o-socky" in it, as do some of the late model CC's. 'Nother reason they cousin's. :)

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Paul B wrote:BB
My New College Edition of The American Heritage Dictionary of The English Language includes in the definition of the word cousin "A member of a kindred group or country........" . :)
SO... by that reasoning you and I are cousins, as is Vince! :)

I'm OK with being cousins with you, but do we have to include Vince or is there a way to opt out of that? :mrgreen:

Oh I know... he drives a Ferd..... NOT A COUSIN! :lol:
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Paul nice choice. Ive only sold I myself but weve sold a few. Weve sold about 8 tractor trailer loads of the 48 and 54. The "flat top" briggs air filter eng leaks oil pan gaskets often. Id much rather have the kaw eng. cut quality is great for that little mower.

On another note Ive tried to call you a few times this year with no answer. Im not trading my ford, so the next time please pick up. :lol:
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Paul B

Post by Paul B »

BB
I guess we could reserve the right to be selective on this cousin thing... :lol:

Vince

If there is no caller ID name or if I don't reconize the name or number, I don't answer.

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Paul B wrote:BB
I guess we could reserve the right to be selective on this cousin thing... :lol:

Vince

If there is no caller ID name or if I don't reconize the name or number, I don't answer.

Or if it's Vince lol

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

It's probably me
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson