Road trip to Indiana

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Jlaws
First and Last Name: Jess Laws

Road trip to Indiana

Post by Jlaws »

I made a road trip up to my buddy BB's to swap a really nice QA42A snowblower for a good running 18 hp Briggs engine that I need for one of my 582's .
While I was there he also loaded a few assorted boxes of mostly 82 series parts into my truck .......Thanks Bryan :beer:
It took both of us to load the 5 gallon bucket full of assorted cub hardware .....

I brought home a complete 82 series front end for a guy that Bryan's trying to help out converting a cyclop's series to a 82 series front end .....I live closer to him than he does so it will save him a little bit of a drive . Plus I've got a Cyclops here that I converted to a 82 series front so he can look at it and see what all needs to be done for the conversion .

I also brought home another non cub related project.....A Pargo electric golf cart , which needs some TLC . Not very pretty but other than the cracked fiberglass fender ( which is a easy fix ) is mostly there . A little fiberglass repair and paint and it should look good .
It might cost me a small fortune in batteries but should be a fun project .
Attachments
Bryan road trip Pargo golf cart 002.JPG
Bryan road trip Pargo golf cart 002.JPG (780.01 KiB) Viewed 6209 times
Bryan road trip Pargo golf cart 005.JPG
Bryan road trip Pargo golf cart 005.JPG (742.46 KiB) Viewed 6209 times
Bryan road trip Pargo golf cart 003.JPG
Bryan road trip Pargo golf cart 003.JPG (731.72 KiB) Viewed 6209 times
Bryan road trip Pargo golf cart 004.JPG
Bryan road trip Pargo golf cart 004.JPG (790.57 KiB) Viewed 6209 times
Last edited by Jlaws on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Re: Road trip to Indiana

Post by bbaker »

:) Jess always good to see you my friend. Hated Rickster couldn't come with you! :(

That Briggs is a brand new engine, that dad bought from the guy in Dunkirk probably 25 plus years ago at the Portland show.

Dad called that golf cart his "Goofing Around Cart" but it just didn't have the suspension to truck around here on the farm with. I'm sure you can covert it to Kohler powered if you really wanted too! :beer:
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

Nice load Jess. If you had stopped by here, you could have added a 149 to that load. I been trying to get rid of my Cub Cadets and was down to 2, but the Cub Cadet fairy or someone has been stopping by my house the last few days, and now I'm back up to 7, with one of them being red............ :roll:
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Red ones are the good ones :)
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Bryan , I agree that the RED ones are good ones , but why am I finding red hardware in the bucket of hardware you gave me.... :lol:

As for the golf cart , I can buy batteries and a charger for around $ 500.00 , if the electric motor and relays ( solenoids ) are OK . Or I could change it over to gas powered with some work . There are some interesting video's on youtube of hillbilly engineering of electric to gas or diesel engine golf cart conversions . :?

I've still got one of those 4A032 4 cylinder military engines still in the crate I could put in it . If I put dual exhaust running out the back it would sound like a VW or one of those little 4 cylinder rice burners with the big mufflers that the kids are driving now a days . :lol:
I see a lot of cub cadets while going down the tracks , its a shame I can't pull over and ask about them .

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Jlaws wrote:Bryan , I agree that the RED ones are good ones , but why am I finding red hardware in the bucket of hardware you gave me.... :lol:

As for the golf cart , I can buy batteries and a charger for around $ 500.00 , if the electric motor and relays ( solenoids ) are OK . Or I could change it over to gas powered with some work . There are some interesting video's on youtube of hillbilly engineering of electric to gas or diesel engine golf cart conversions . :?

I've still got one of those 4A032 4 cylinder military engines still in the crate I could put in it . If I put dual exhaust running out the back it would sound like a VW or one of those little 4 cylinder rice burners with the big mufflers that the kids are driving now a days . :lol:
I think it would be cool with a small car 4cly, and 5 speed transmission! :) Chevy S-10 or Ford Ranger complete setup! :)

VScott
First and Last Name: V Scott

Post by VScott »

Guess my motors weren't good enough...sniff, sniff.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Vinny - No one wants to break your streak of not selling anything on this forum! :lol:
I think I'm gonna buy something from you one day just to put you out of your misery... :beer:
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Paging my ole buddy Jess! :)

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Yes Bryan ? Me and that guy Steve finally got a day off together and he came by Sunday and picked up your 82 series front end parts . We talked for an hour or more about the cyclops to 82 series front end conversion and he liked all my other toys . This cold weather and my work sure has slowed all my cub time and the golf cart is still sitting on the trailer ...... :lol:

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Jlaws wrote:Yes Bryan ? Me and that guy Steve finally got a day off together and he came by Sunday and picked up your 82 series front end parts . We talked for an hour or more about the cyclops to 82 series front end conversion and he liked all my other toys . This cold weather and my work sure has slowed all my cub time and the golf cart is still sitting on the trailer ...... :lol:
Good glad to hear! I haven't heard from him last I heard was he couldn't get with you. If he didn't pay you I need to call him! :shock:

Jlaws

Post by Jlaws »

Money ?? you didn't say anything about him paying me , I got nada , zero , zilch , nil , naught , zip , goose egg , nothing .... :lol: ......you better give him a call . I still have his number if you need it .

bbaker

Post by bbaker »

Jlaws wrote:Money ?? you didn't say anything about him paying me , I got nada , zero , zilch , nil , naught , zip , goose egg , nothing .... :lol: ......you better give him a call . I still have his number if you need it .
It's all good! :)