Merry Christmas Everyone and a brief update

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Merry Christmas Everyone and a brief update

Post by vince_o »

Hello everyone I hope that you all are having a great time with your family and friends. We had a good day with the boys waking us up at 3 am! Im stuffed from dinner as normal. I will say to Paul R that I did eat my brussell sprouts, twice!

Heres a little update to fill you in on where Ive been. Both boys are about done with chasing cubs and into sports. Dannys team won their championship this year and only lost 3 games. They won the last game to the team they lost to 3 times! I didnt get to see many of his games as I was doing Vinces games.

Vince came in 3rd on their championship games. His last 4 games I was real proud of him as he really took charge of the defense. He played with another kid in the backfield that was on his team for the last 3 years so they work real well. Hes really enjoying it. Also this is Vinces 2nd year as a middle schooler working with the high school robotics team. He had a hard time last year with the "big" kids telling him that he was too young and he didnt know what he was doing. So they stuck him on the building side of things and really showed them he can build. Hes building again this year, as the lead builder! Next year he will start to program, for him it cant come soon enough!

My job has taken me to another level. After 3.5 years of sales, Im now over the shop. One thing Ive learned about Kubota tractors is, they are over engineered, not forgiving if you miss a service, and cost a ton to repair, ok a few things LOL. Ive got 3 guys that can do some good work. Sammy has been working on mowers since he was in hight school and a cart builder. Chris used to be his boss at a shop that he bought out. Berry is old school diesel guy that has been around to block a few times. An old IH mechanic and his family owned a very large heavy equipment repair shop. Were all about the same age and get along real well.

Im still playing with my lathe turning clutch disks for people and making things for my cubs. I was blessed with a milling machine from my adoped brother BB. Noel Black went and got it for me and took it to his place in Ktown, then I ran up and got it. What brand, dont know so dont ask, lol. I have to fix the cross slide, easy and get a motor for it. It trys to run but cant. I hope to have it up and going for the end of feb. My 2072 gear drive is 3 hoses away form done. So I hope that it will be done by next weekend as I have a few days off, but the last few days of deer season may get in the way.

Kathy is doing well and is back working again. Shes watching a baby for one of the local cops and is enjoying it. The cops son and Danny are on the same soccer team so it makes it easy for her watching the baby. She has her hands full with all us boys and our new dog thats for sure!

Well you guys are all cought up I hope that everyone has a great year to come with many blessings to you and your families!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

ReicheP
CCC's Official Weatherman
First and Last Name: Paul Reiche

Re: Merry Christmas Everyone and a brief update

Post by ReicheP »

Vince,

Thanks for the update! I sounds like you are doing well. We all remember a few years back due to circumstances not your fault, you were standing in front of your home wondering where your next meal was coming from. I have enjoyed how much you hustled to get things back on track!

You seem to be a bit sad your boys are into sports instead of cubs, just wait till they forget sports and start chasing the young ladies of your community!

Glad to hear you are eating greens........

Wishing you the best of the new year and keep the project photos coming!

Paul
DUI Offenders murder the equivalent of two 747 crashes in the USA each week!

682 W/44" Deck, 1650 W/Snow Blade, 1811 W/450, 1650 Barn Find

CubbinCal
First and Last Name: Calvin Woodrey

Post by CubbinCal »

Great to hear you're doing good Vince. Things have changed a bit around our house this year too.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (351.11 KiB) Viewed 4189 times
This is Cohen Woodrey. Our first Grandchild. Chris and Brooke's first child. That's proud Aunt Tricia holding him. He is precious.
I'm hittin easy street on AG tires!

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

Cal

I follow Chris on Fb and enjoy seeing the pics of the kids. Dickersons little boy cracks me up, only cause I can see Scott trying to change his dirty shorts! LOL I sold a tractor to a young couple that had just gotten married. I follow them too as they have a little baby. Jess Fuller is on his second, I did some bushings for his super front end, I enjoy watching the kids on tractors.

I do miss Vince working with me in the shop, but Danny like working on the lathe so sometimes he hangs out with me. Im just really enjoying working with metal now. I guess the biggest thing is that I enjoy learning new things. I rebuilt the steering on y wheelhorse on the lathe. Now with the mill I can finish 2 parts and the steering will be like new!
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

bbaker
First and Last Name: Bryan Baker

Post by bbaker »

Vince ole buddy thanks for the update.

While I'm not as involved with the tractors as I once was (although I still have too many) I thoroughly enjoy some of the friends I have made because of them.

I was reading through Hank's Cub Cadet book again just this morning and happened upon the picture of Geezer and Don Bowers in the slow race. Made me think about all the folks I have known and the few we have lost that were wonderful people brought together by silly garden tractors!

Great to hear that you enjoy the mill. While Dad didn't meet you I have no doubt if he knew now that old mill was in your hands that would be alright with him. I still have some old metal working machinery to get rid of/liquidate and honestly I'm not even sure what all I have. Some of it Is just to buried to really see. But please know it makes my heart smile to see you getting some good out of something that more than likely would of went to the scrap yard if I hadn't thought about you and your lathe! :)

Love ya brother.... You too Cal! :)

I wished now I'd of taken the time to stop in and see my buddy Paul when I drove evidently right past his house earlier this year.... :cry:
Cub Cadet, John Deere, New Holland, bobcat, Chevrolet, and Harley Davidson just a few brands I'm proud to own.

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Post by l palma »

Thanks for the update Vince,Keep those boys busy and away from the TV and whatnot.

chzuck
First and Last Name: Charlie Zuck

Post by chzuck »

I am convinced that lawn and garden tractor collectors are some of the best people one can know. Between guys I have met at Cub events and other Old Iron shows, I have met so many great people. People I would have never got to know if it were not for the hobby of collecting this great old lawn and garden equipment. It is like anything else, some are into it for a short time and move on while others are in it for the long haul. Either way it seems the friendships endure.
Wish all a prosperous and Happy New Year!
http://www.zucksrototillers.com
There is only ONE ROTOTILLER.
147 with 48" mower deck & 42" QA snow thrower
70 with 42" mower deck, 42" blade, & Brinly 10" plow