E-Z Rake Dethatcher

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

E-Z Rake Dethatcher

Post by Paulf »

We’ve been looking for a front-mounted E-Z Rake Dethatcher for some time. We really wanted one that drives off the Cub Cadet’s front PTO, but this one will have to do until we can find a sale or trade for a front PTO model. There’s a video of it in use here: http://www.cubcadetman.com/cc/videos/sd ... hatcher-2/

Img_0109.jpg
Img_0109.jpg (22.29 KiB) Viewed 4375 times
Img_0110.jpg
Img_0110.jpg (16.32 KiB) Viewed 4375 times

jpackard56
First and Last Name: Jim Woodworth

Re: E-Z Rake Dethatcher

Post by jpackard56 »

Video: looks like it does a very thorough job of it ! Nice find !

I know that nobody will get hurt if your cable clamp fails, but I noticed that you "saddled a dead horse" In the construction trade we NEVER "saddle a dead horse"
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

jpackard56

Post by jpackard56 »

Did you find this at the show recently ? Really a neat unit !
"Hard work denotes the character of a man. Some turn up their sleeves, some turn up their noses, and some don't turn up at all !"

Paulf

Post by Paulf »

We located it in Ohio and had it shipped by Fastenal. I'm more impressed by Fastenal every time I use it.

Sorry, but the expression "saddle a dead horse" is completely foreign to me??? To me that would mean you're mounting something on something that's not going anywhere???

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Post by dag1450 »

Nice!! Good job on the cable geometry! :beer:
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

Paul
I didnt watch the Vidieo but he trying to tell ou that the "Crosby" cable clamp is on back wards. Put the saddle on the live side of the cable not the dead end....

Paulf

Post by Paulf »

Thanks, Joe.

jpackard56

Post by jpackard56 »

JMotuzick wrote:Paul
I didnt watch the Vidieo but he trying to tell ou that the "Crosby" cable clamp is on back wards. Put the saddle on the live side of the cable not the dead end....
Sorry, I didn't explain. :oops:

Joe is spot on. The theory gets into the concept that the saddle of the clamp grips the thin wires of the cable over a "sharp" edge, which in turn can flex the individual wires beyond their break point, causing a loss of dimensional surface to grip, which in turn can cause slippage, possibly allowing the "dead end" to slip free of the clamp which depending on application has the potential to be dangerous...sometimes VERY dangerous in construction sites.
(red ink for a run-on ?)

Back to my original statement, I don't see how anybody could get hurt in your application, just wanted to help remind you of all the back-talk your missing in lecture hall nowadays.... :lol:

Seriously, I have watched your work for a number of years now and really appreciate your contributions :notworthy:
My intent was not to degrade in anyway, just pass on a little safety idea, and maybe get some discussion going :!: This site has been TOO QUIET :!: