Sad day in cub cadet and chapter 34 land

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
tompepper
First and Last Name: Denny Engle (tompepper)

Sad day in cub cadet and chapter 34 land

Post by tompepper »

dad-271x300.jpg
dad-271x300.jpg (25.67 KiB) Viewed 3285 times
Joseph Gordon Rice, 62, of Clarion passed away unexpectedly Tuesday, November 1, 2016 at Butler Memorial Hospital.

He was born on January 21, 1954 in Clarion; son of Gordon J. and Dorothy H. Reinsel Rice of Clarion.

Joe graduated from Clarion High School in 1972.

He was married on September 20, 1980 to Bonita O’Neill, who survives.

Joe worked all his life selling International Harvester tractor parts, beginning at Rice Equipment in Clarion. He was also the owner of Joe’s Farmall Parts and co-owner of Rice Equipment, Inc.

He was a member of the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church in Clarion, the Knights of Columbus, Clarion Fire and Hose Company #1 where he served as treasurer, and the International Harvester Collector’s Club.

Joe loved to play cards, enjoyed watched Pittsburgh sports teams, and spending time with his family.

You could often find Joe at Wendy’s in Clarion.

He is survived by his wife, parents, three sons, Gregory Rice and his wife Sharron of Alexandria, VA, Ian Rice of Pittsburgh, and Jacob Rice of State College, one daughter, Meghan Rice of Pittsburgh, and a grandson, Neill Patrick Rice of Virginia, of whom he was so very proud.

Joe is also survived by three sisters, Sherrie Smith and her husband Brad of Wisconsin, Mary Jean Bagileo and her husband Nick of Maryland, Kathleen McElravy and her husband Rob of Shippenville, his sister-in-law, Janet Rice of Lakeville, and a number of nieces and nephews.

He was preceded in death by an infant sister, Karen, his brother Bill, and his in-laws, Henry and Grace O’Neill.

Family will receive friends from 7 p.m. to 9.p.m. on Thursday, November 3, 2016 and from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Friday, November 4, 2016 at the Robert V. Burns Funeral Home in Clarion.

A Christian Wake Service will be held at the Funeral Home on Friday at 8 p.m.

Mass of Christian Burial will be celebrated at 11 a.m. on Saturday, November 5, 2016 at the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church with Rev. Monty Sayers, pastor presiding.

Interment will follow in the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church Cemetery.

In Lieu of flowers, donations, or memorials can be made in Joe’s name to the Clarion Fire and Hose Company #1, 525 Wood Street, Clarion or the Immaculate Conception Catholic Church, 720 Liberty Street, Clarion.

Online condolences can be sent to the family by visiting http://www.rvburnsfuneralhome.com.
If you're gonna be dumb.you'd better be tough!!!!

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: Sad day in cub cadet and chapter 34 land

Post by dag1450 »

I did not know him...but sorry to hear this. Thanks for sharing. :(
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Tom, I am sorry to hear of the loss. My condolences.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Post by JMotuzick »

denny
sorry to here! joe was a great guy and did a lot for the farmall world. his shop was/is the biggest pre-letter series parts supplier in the world. i'm not sure where we will go for F series parts!

tompepper
First and Last Name: Denny Engle (tompepper)

Post by tompepper »

I don't know Joe.His father Gordon and his cousin/partner Frank will prob keep it going.Since Joe's illness the last couple of years Frank has been the driving force there......
If you're gonna be dumb.you'd better be tough!!!!

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

I'm sorry to learn of this though I never met the man. My condolences to the family and all the best for them.
It's a shame to think that Chapter 34 was left no choice but to disband- I enjoyed their newsletter very much, they are a fine group of folks.