6" PTO part number

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
JoeK
First and Last Name: Joey Koenen

6" PTO part number

Post by JoeK »

Hey guy's, just wondering if anyone can confirm the 6" PTO part number 917-3389 from parts tree.com its the later SN for the 1782. i checked tractordata.com and both 1772 and1782 have the D640 kubota diesel engine, so it should fit
i want to hear from the guys that have done a 4.6 to 6" swap, is there any hidden surprises in doing a swap or is it just pull the old one off and put the new one on? or is there clearance issues with the radiator-
... I'm just trying to keep my options open and i would rather spend $220 for a PTO clutch vs the $475 from parts tree/ cub cadet dealer, or spend hours looking for a 450 blower that seems to non existent in ND :roll:

thoughts??.....
1772 - my new toy
2086- main mower at home
Super LT 1554- has it easy mowing the lake lot

JMotuzick
First and Last Name: Joe Motuzick

Re: 6" PTO part number

Post by JMotuzick »

I've not done the swap on a Diesal. On a gasser is easy just change out the whole thing. The part number you listed is for a
6"pulley if it is for your model I'm not sure I didn't look it up!

JoeK
First and Last Name: Joey Koenen

Re: 6" PTO part number

Post by JoeK »

Ok, that's what i was unsure of. found a company on amazon that sells replacement clutches for less then cub gets for them. parts tree lists 917-3389 for $391.31 on amazon its the same number and its $179.99 with free shipping. being the 1782 has the same engine as the 1772, i would think it would just swap over....

thank you JMotuzick for your help.

Joe
1772 - my new toy
2086- main mower at home
Super LT 1554- has it easy mowing the lake lot