Need some input...

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
Ksmith
First and Last Name: Kurt Smith

Need some input...

Post by Ksmith »

I'm thinking about placing an ad in a national magazine targeting International Harvester collectors. I'm going to offer building the 1/2 scale tractors. The cost is very reasonable, and the circulation is 20,000, so I'm willing to give it a shot. Could everyone please critique the ad I put together... Thanks Kurt
Attachments
RedPowerAd32.jpg

ljones
First and Last Name: Lucas Jones

Re: Need some input...

Post by ljones »

Looks great!
Have a original and a 122 http://mycubs.yolasite.com/

theilmann
First and Last Name: Todd Heilmann

Post by theilmann »

Kurt,
Just do it!!!! I may be able to help you with the parts ;)!

Ernest
First and Last Name: Ernest Auman

Post by Ernest »

Looks great! Can't think of anything more to add. Simple and the facts are there.

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Great Idea Kurt !!

For obvious tried reasons,--- to build outside for others ,--- Do you intend to keep them Gear drive ?
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

Ksmith

Post by Ksmith »

I think if someone wanted a hydro, I'd tell them the experience with mine. If they were fine with it, I'd build it. I really think my problem started when I mounted the plow to the rear-end. If I had just used it to pull a wagon, or for shows and fun, it would have been fine.

Thanks for the encouragement everyone,
Kurt

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

Just a thought, but you might want to either mention there is no warranty or whatever you want to do as far as that goes... just to avoid any issues in the future. Not to say you do bad work in any way, just that parts naturally break and you don't want it coming back on you. Kind of like if you sell a restored tractor and a recently rebuilt motor breaks or something. It's not your fault obviously and just unfortunate coincidence, but you can see how someone would come back on you frustrated. Again, just a thought.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

Paul B
First and Last Name: Paul R. Bell
Location: Louisville, KY, where all your IH built Cub Cadets were born

Post by Paul B »

In this day and age of sue, sue, sue, you need to look very closely at any Liability issues that may arise, or be involved, with the building of a motorized vehicle for sale to the public.
May you always have as many landings as you do takeoff's.........

Paulf
First and Last Name: Paul E. Funk

Post by Paulf »

Looks great, Kurt. I think there's quite a market out there. Go for it!!!

Paul

J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Never thought about the liability thing maybe, just bolt on parts to modify one would be our best route then the guy building it would be liable for about to break parts.
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

Ksmith

Post by Ksmith »

I never thought about the liability part of it... I'm building a mini right now for someone who lives about 30 miles from me. I could never imagine him trying to come after me for something. He understands that this is a 40 year old machine, and may have issues down the road. I also think that he understands that this is just a "toy" and isn't expecting to "work" it had.

I'll have to think about the liability issue...

Thanks everyone!
Kurt

P.S. Check out the Plow Day and Events forum... I just posted some info on a plow day, and I know how much we all like plow days... ;)

Ernest
First and Last Name: Ernest Auman

Post by Ernest »

Can't you simply draw up a legal form and have the person committing to buying a tractor sign it releasing you from any and all liability on the finished product and if your customizing one of their machines, before the build the signed release would cover your permission to alter and customize their tractor as you see fit and any and all old parts would become your property unless the owner and you wrote down on the release what is what and signed by both parties!

Snail mail the release to email and phone customers saying that the build will not start till you have the release in your hand and you will contact them when you receive the release and start the build!

Ksmith

Post by Ksmith »

Thanks for the thoughts everyone, I think I'll just be cautious when starting a build, and have some type of form like Ernest suggested.

Here is a new layout with some small tweaks from suggestions. Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kurt
Attachments
RedPowerAd5.jpg