BIG screw up... by ME

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
SWilliams
First and Last Name: Steve Williams

BIG screw up... by ME

Post by SWilliams »

So I'm looking through the Craigslist ads one day. Noticed that a guy not far away has a pair of Supers for sale, both 2086's. One in great shape with a few options (listed as having the front ports but doesn't and the rear PTO, has the 3point but no PTO hardware) The other in good shape but a blown engine. DUMMY ME doesn't go buy the blown engine unit instantly....... Wasn't thinking of the fact that I have a 22HP Kohler on my current tractor and could have put that on VERY quick to make a 2284 clone...

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Realized it a day later but it was sold.
Owner of an 1863, 2263 (1863 W 22hp engine!) 2084 and a 2 - 2284s.

"In God we trust, All others pay CASH..."

dag1450
First and Last Name: Dave Gibson

Re: BIG screw up... by ME

Post by dag1450 »

Those deals can b frustrating. I try to make myself feel better by really being honest with myself. I think in our minds we tend to glameriz every Cub for sale....Making plans, thinking how we need this, how perfect this one is. But I'm sure I don't need to tell u....Most r not as good as our minds trick us into thinking. Some r...But most aren't. So to make u feel better...I think that one had a cracked​ rear end, power steering was leaking really bad, and the tires didn't even hold air!
Feel better yet?...... :lol:
127, 1650, 1572, 1872, 2072 . A mower, blower and blade for each.