409 and Climbing !!

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

409 and Climbing !!

Post by J Hayes »

As of 1:27 Pm today we have 409 members.
We are gaining many new ones and glad they are aboard !
Seems like some of the old ones that came back so far don't post as much as they did on the old site.

I wonder if it is the format we have now ?
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

l palma
First and Last Name: Lew Palma

Re: 409 and Climbing !!

Post by l palma »

I try to post as much as I can even thought they are silly, and don't contribute much to the general content of the forum.

Farmallgray
First and Last Name: Todd Markle

Post by Farmallgray »

I'm sure there are some folks who don't like the new format. I'm sure there are also plenty of guys who haven't heard about us yet as well.

One thing I have found with the new format, is that I can keep up with the new posts while spending much less time doing it.
See my IH, Cub Cadet and tractor pulling youtube videos;
http://www.youtube.com/user/farmallgray

cbingaman
First and Last Name: Chad Bingaman

Post by cbingaman »

I gotta agree with Todd. I used to spend a LONG time every day on the forum to see what was going on or to read a topic that interested me. Now I can brouse through the whole site in ten minutes or less and be caught up. I didn't like it at first at all, but now I would'nt want to go back.
Cub's of the farm currently: 4-Originals, 2-70's, 100, 122, 123, 124, 73, 106, 107, 126, 800, 782IH built, 982IHbuilt, 782D, 1572. Farmall Cub and Cub Lo-Boy and too many attatchments to think about.

vince_o
First and Last Name: Vince Ochiuto

Post by vince_o »

No one will beat me for stupid non informative posts!

Like this on, can you belive I spelled that 10$ word right! :lol:
"It's a damn poor mind that can only think of one way to spell a word."
-Andrew Jackson

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator
First and Last Name: Tom Scott

Post by Tom Scott »

Are some of the old regulars hanging out at another forum? I used to be more of a lurker than a poster, but someone has to jump in...

I think the pdf resources we had in the old library gave us a lot of clout. Without them here, I am going to have to start looking elsewhere to see where I can get things like all the Service Bulletins that I didn't get a chance to copy before the Registry crashed. Also, it would have been good if the IHRegistry site redirected to here.

I too would like to see more traffic here. And at the risk of beating a dead horse, I think the resurrection of the pdf library would really help.
1872, 46", 50C decks, Haban dozer blade, 450 snow blower
2182-1, Kwik-Way Loader, 3-pt & rear pto, 442 tiller
2182-2, 54" deck, 551 snow blower
Past tractors:  1541, 2135
<><

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

I'm sure there are old members that do have some of that badly needed info.
I only have a hand full of members Email addresses to contact and most of them are back.
couple have said be back sometime at a later date because of other interests or projects.

If anyone knows of any other "Missing in action" and can contact them it would be appreciated.

Scott C.
First and Last Name: Scott Cross

Post by Scott C. »

Tom,
We will get all the service bulletin information back that we can. I want this to be THE place to find anything cub related.
horse.jpg
:roll: :roll: :roll:
We don't stop playing because we grow old....
We grow old because we stop playing.

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator

Post by Tom Scott »

Well, I am glad I didn't get what that horse got! OK, I'll not bring it up again for a little while... :lol:
<><

Klapatta
First and Last Name: Kenneth LaPatta

Post by Klapatta »

Just my .02
I strongly feel that our members need to maintain a reputation of good will toward others if the group is to prosper in the long term. But that don't have to mean turning things into a kissy huggy feel good place though (so I've heard it said)
I realize there are quite a few choices out there these days and having said that it's important to continue upholding reaching to a higher standard I think, if somebody wants to sign into a free for all elsewhere they are entitled to do so- it's OK for me to let folks believe what they want.
Plenty of folks here are members of 3, 4, or more groups and that's fine with me- I find the one quite sufficient thank you.
I have actually heard it said elsewhere to my surprize that the group tends to consider themselves something of a cut above which is far from the truth in my opinion. This is after all a hobby, and as such folks can build strong emotional bonds and show preferences.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion but that does not ever need to make things generate into a pissin contest the way I see it-(not the case here or I can go to work for that) some sites seem better at that than others as far as I can tell but it ain't necessarily the one that somebody else may be thinkin about. I suppose it depends on ones point of view don't it? I'm juts trying to be objective- this is the internet after all.
There is still a couple guys that I really miss hearing from here and wish they could chime back in. One of them went and started up his own thing and that's a good thing to do- still I'd very much like to see them come back on board
Oh by the way Vince, you are not stupid.
Have you considered taking a Dale Carnage course :lol:

pattonacres
First and Last Name: Rich Patton

Post by pattonacres »

"Have you considered taking a Dale Carnage course"
Vince would only understand Evelin Woodhead! Probably a lot around here not sure what that is but I`m sure Vince does
:lol:

I try an check in here as often as I can but I have been real busy trying to grow my business this year and just don`t have the time I did. I guess I`m the old dog type and just can`t get into the new format,I guess I just don`t like change.I love the threads for the tech/problem stuff as you can follow better but I just don`t take the time to read each thread so I miss a lot.My fault I guess I`m sure I`ll catch on. I think the classifieds set up is the best I have seen ,no need to read what your not interested in.
Thanks for all the hard work to get this going
PATTON ACRES LLC Garden Tractor Salvage Yard
check us out online @ www.pattonacres.com

Trebor
First and Last Name: Robert Ganyard

Post by Trebor »

I think the new format is excellent. Almost as excellent as the coaches making this forum happen. And, thanks to all the team players (forum members) that enjoy sharing a great hobby. It benefits us all.
“May you have the hindsight to know where you've been, The foresight to know where you are going, And the insight to know when you have gone too far”.

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

Kenneth LaPatta
This is the reason I like this site . No one is better than anyone else!!
We do sometimes get into ford/chevy debates,but stay away from the drag down, knuckle eatin fist fight attitude that I have seen on those "better than ours" sites.

Whoever said about the "Kissy Huggy" thing must not have a life. being a 100% jealous of having a forum without a little chain ratteling humoristic fun.

We have that here only because lot of these guys have actually met and I in fact are going to meet one of the members in about a week through our "transportation system".

It's my turn to do one for now a perfect stranger, and looking forward to meet him.
Two things we have in common already . we are / were truck drivers, and the love of Cub cadets.
Wife already can hear the BS flyin.

How many other forums have that?

I like a forum that has a little laxness and without the all business attitude.
Most of us are adults and still can communicate to any problem, whether it be Cub related or not.

I'm almost positive if you ask a question about electrical, water pump, or furnace,etc. (Anything except wimmen-- aint no one figured them out ) in the coffee shop you will get a response..because all the different talents / experience of the individuals here.

Some sites wont talk of any other brand, as they don't believe there are any others.

I have a Bolens along with my 782 and I find I have closely related problems with it too.

I'm sure the next time,--- I see we have a place to at least sell it here.

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

I can live with the new format and have adjusted well enough. And well said Kenneth. I stick with this site by far the most (probably easy to prove with a total post comparison) because of the people more than the format, information, or what have you. It seems like every post I type on another forum ends up being rediculed, second-guessed, ignored, or I'm told I'm wrong just because someone would rather argue than answer someone's question. I still check in everywhere because information is knowledge and you never know what you'll run across.
Now, I'm not trying to bash anyone and please don't take it as such, but this seems like the only place I can type something and not proofread it 5 times trying to insure that no one can come back on me somehow and take it the wrong way. I try to be conscious of wording on the internet regardless because you're dealing with completely different individuals, but I'd like to have an opinion as well and answer a question without criticism (not to say I'm always right, because obviously not the case :lol: ) Shoot, I've evened agreed with things I fully disagreed with just to avoid a verbal pointless war on other sites.

As for the information and pdf's, all I can say is we lost a matured website in the matter of seconds. I fully understand that it will take time to get everything back to where it was and also understand that it's all happening because our moderators are VOLUNTEERING their time to do so and not working 8 hour paid days to get it all done. All I can say is thanks for reassembling our great group of guys here because they're indicative of what a fun hobby is all about.
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Ken, Rich

Ill be honest, I had to google both! :lol:

Im getting used to the new set up. Who started their own? For some reason I find my self coming back, and back again. Probly all the folks that are here.
-Andrew Jackson

pattonacres
First and Last Name: Rich Patton

Post by pattonacres »

"Evelyn Woodhead Speed Reading Course" is a parody of the numerous speed reading courses available in the United States in the 1960s and 1970s written by Cheech and Chong that first appeared on the 1973 album Los Cochinos. The title specifically refers to the Evelyn Wood course.

Voiced by Tommy Chong, the piece begins with the words delivered phonetically:

“ Ever since I took the Evelyn Woodhead sped ridin course, my ridin has [Tommy carefully sounds out the syllables somewhat incorrectly] im-PRO-v'd won-der-FULL-y. I ricommend these Evelyn Woodhed Speed Riddin Course to all my frens out there and you tell 'em that you heard it here first... on Roller Derby ”

The short spoken word testimonial style skit was an efficient parody of commercials that were prevalent on the television and radio stations in that era.
PATTON ACRES LLC Garden Tractor Salvage Yard
check us out online @ www.pattonacres.com

Tom Scott
Chief Moderator

Post by Tom Scott »

Kevin - I fully agree with your point. I hope that I did not come off as unappreciative of the volunteer effort that has made this site possible. I too appreciate this site and those that have made it possible.
<><

haybail
First and Last Name: Martin McKinley

Post by haybail »

Scott,
I'm new at this, how do you post pictures on this forum, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanks,
haybail

stevet
First and Last Name: Steve Townsend

Post by stevet »

I must say, this is the only site that I visit. I don't even lurk on other sites and it's mainly because of the people. Having met so many of the ones one here, like Vince, Scott, Jim, Ray, the Mayor and so many others, I'm definitely here for the people and the knowledge I can gain from them. I'm still getting used to this site and I don't think I post as much here so far because there are a lot less people posting to interact with. Or maybe I just don't have the time, but either way, you guys are great!

And Ken, as far as a Dale Carnegie class, oh my god I'm glad someone else knows what that craps all about!! I had to sit through a 13 week class that when I was done, I literally wanted to choke myself from it all! What a huge crock of crap that stuff is. I have never seen a more touchy feely bunch of bs in my life and I hope I never have to take another one of those classes. What's even worse, it didn't relate to my job at all! Other than the OT I made, it was so not worth it!!

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Martin welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve Im glad Im high on your list, LOL Its a short list with tony and I on it, and shorter with Ray! :lol:
-Andrew Jackson

wdeturck

Post by wdeturck »

haybail wrote:Scott,
I'm new at this, how do you post pictures on this forum, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Thanks,
haybail
I just posted about posting pictures. Try using it.

ksanders
First and Last Name: Kevin Sanders

Post by ksanders »

I'm right on board with ya Tom. I'm too am just expressing my appreciation toward the continued effort and showing the realization that I don't expect things to be back to 100% of what it was any time too quick. But if they could just get my "thumbs up" smiley up :lol: (messing around of course).
From the first Original to the last x82 Series... you can't beat an IH Cub Cadet!!!

dmcdowell
First and Last Name: Dan McDowell

Post by dmcdowell »

Here is my 2cents. I was in need of a hobby bad. I found my first cub on its way to a dumpster. I had nowhere at the time to even think of getting the old girl up and back in action. We found the old site on a search and then joined in. I quit drinking 6 years ago and when you do that you find out all the ding bats you hung out with were actually that, ding bats. I have not met any of you guys but you come from all walks of life from different parts of the continent. I don't chime in to much but very much enjoy listening and learning from all of you. This is a great hobby and my now nine strong tractors are a great part of our family life. It is just good clean fun. Even my leakers and smokers are fun. This format does make you chase around a bit and I believe it can split up an active group that may be online at the same time so the banter is less cause of sub groups and topics being on different pages. Yet I don't chime in as much cause I find info quicker. Also I have had numerous crashes of my own computer this year so now we broke down and bought a new unit. I bought a 126 from an honest member in Ct. some parts from a real nice guy in Kentuckey and got a headlight panel from a fine gentlmen in NJ. 3 for 3. who needs barstool friends when strangers are better.

vince_o

Post by vince_o »

Dan

Well this old site has made me some real good friends, and yes they are as nice on line as they are in person. The first ones I met, Geezer, Don B and Meo, then the Kaufman family. Not to mention Wes who lives just down the road from me I met on the old site, hes been real good to me.

One word of caution. If you ever get around Tony, Jerry, and Randy, in a walmart, find your way out fast! Them guys are CRAZY!
-Andrew Jackson

J Hayes

Post by J Hayes »

GEEEEEESSSHHHHH Vince !!
I didn't even get an honorable mention in either of yer friends list--??? :shock:
I knew ya didn't like me ,But i didn't know ya hated me . :(

Guess it must because we look too much like twins

tompepper
First and Last Name: Denny Engle (tompepper)

Post by tompepper »

(who needs barstool friends when strangers are better.) Come as a stranger,Stay as a friend.......
If you're gonna be dumb.you'd better be tough!!!!

mlamar
First and Last Name: Mike LaMar

Post by mlamar »

Mr. Pepper my friend,
You must sit there on that stool for hours to come up with such powerful (golden gem) thoughts. I think we should have a section in which you share a word or two of wisdom each day. :shock: On a real holiday note: I will spend some time with the Cubs this evening while the wife gets the house in order. Thanksgiving day I will spend more time with the Cubs while the meal is prepared and family arrives. Once the meal is over and right after a short nap I will spend some time with the Cubs. :mrgreen: Happy Thanksgiving to all who have made this site what it is.

haybail
First and Last Name: Martin McKinley

Post by haybail »

wdeturck wrote:
Thanks,
haybail
Scott where did you post it.
Thanks,
Martin

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Post by Jeff in Pa »

haybail wrote:
wdeturck wrote:
Thanks,
haybail
Scott where did you post it.
Thanks,
Martin
Geezer posted direction here http://www.cubcadetcollectors.com/forum ... ?f=5&t=737
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift