The Crash 2010

This is just like the old coffee shop, which was like the old coffee shop down the street. Pull up a chair, sit down and enjoy some good discussions. Please, no political, religious or racial posts.
J Hayes
First and Last Name: Jim Hayes

The Crash 2010

Post by J Hayes »

Ok guys. I've been trying to find out how/ what we can do to get lost info back, From a friend, (and I say friend) because he was willing to send me several pages of the old forum. I don't believe he is even a member here.
The problem it is in bits and pieces and most of the pics arent there.
I sent an email to my computer guru and this is what he said.

{"When you visit a site your hard drive caches images and bits & pieces from the site. Some folks, not you, do not clear the cache from their hard drives and the bits & pieces are out there in cyber-space. The best way to collect the data would be to try to collect it from the original hard drive that was in the server. Other than that it would have to be a collective effort on the part of the members to send the mods images etc, that they may have saved."}

... So basically we may have to rebuild from the beginning . I have faith it you guys cause we did it once, we can do it again. Anyone have the pics and things like step by step on "how to" may be in your files IE clutch rebuilds, trunnion repair, custom articulaters, anything interesting

Some of the items mentioned may already be covered if not feel free to post .
If we put 1/16th the effort into this as our moderators and administration we will come back better than ever .
My mind wants a Divorce ?? .

Jeff in Pa
First and Last Name: Jeff Derstine

Re: The Crash 2010

Post by Jeff in Pa »

Jim,
Thanks for giving our friend that little extra push for the important details on where the archives were located.

If somebody wants to chop this up for here, I "documented" the rebuild on my 125 on Corvette Forum Off Topic
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/off-top ... 125-a.html

All pictures were taken by myself and I give permission for their use in helping other cub enthusiasts :D

Jeff
125 & 125 with hydraulic lift

rgausman
First and Last Name: Bob Gausman

Re: The Crash 2010

Post by rgausman »

Here is a snap shot of my Cub Cadet archive folder. Mostly 782D related. I tried to attached some of the 'How-To' instructions from the old site which I save in MHT web archive format but this website would not allow .DOC, .MHT, and .PDF attachments. Instead I have attached two screen shots of my archive folder.

Good luck and have a Happy Thanksgiving...

Bob G.
MyCubCadetArchive#1
MyCubCadetArchive#1
MyCubCadetArchive#2
MyCubCadetArchive#2
Anything diesel: Cubs, Onan generators, etc
782D #1 w/ 55C mower, 782D #2, IH #2B Tiller, QA-42 SnowThrower + John Deere 435, Farmall BN, Koering 1350 Skid, Bobcat x320